Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Saturday

Welcome to the weekend!  Today is Saturday, February 2, 2019 - Groundhog Day!

Do you regard the groundhog as a dependable predictor of winter weather?  How does that story go? If the groundhog emerges from his hole and sees his shadow, there will be six more weeks of winter.

As I write this - 10:45 Eastern - we have yet to see any sunshine, so that groundhog would have had a difficult time seeing his shadow if he's an early riser.

I can't say much about the groundhog, but I saw a flock of seven geese flying south when I went out to get the daily newspaper earlier!  

Wishing you a weekend of all good things!

1 comment:

  1. We have slightly different folklore here, on Candlemas Day. It's the same premise, though, and I do believe we have more winter to come in Wales!
    ~~~Deb in Wales

    ReplyDelete