Sunday, February 26, 2012

Celebrating....

I'm sending you good wishes on this Sunday evening.  Did you have a good week-end?  Are you ready for the week ahead?  It seems that the week-ends seem to pass more quickly as time goes by.  I hope yours gave you time to do some things that were meaningful to you.

I appreciate your responses to yesterday's blog.:-)  Yes.  It's true that March 17 is St. Patrick's Day.  That in itself is reason for a bit of celebrating in ANY year.  This year, however, there is ANOTHER reason for us to anticipate March 17.  It is only 19 days away come morning.  Now, why would we be counting the days?

I believe I will leave it there for a bit longer.:-)  I do want you to know that we are entering a very busy time here.  Some of what is happening will make the blog, just as the "surprise" picture from the last posting.

Although we had some cooking going on around here yesterday (company for lunch today), there are no pictures to show or recipes that I will post tonight.  I will get around to that other days this week, hopefully.

Already there are some Oscar winners that have reason to celebrate their wins.  I will not be able to watch this entire show before calling it a day myself.

There are fans of the Lady Vols who are celebrating the basketball win this afternoon, the last game of the regular season.  It has been an unusual season with the announcement by Pat Summitt, the much-beloved coach, that she had been diagnosed with early Alzheimer's.  There is a bit of uncertainty about her ability to continue coaching another year.

This has been a beautiful day here with lots of sunshine.  This was a good reason for The Husband to celebrate as he is hopeful there will be some drying of the earth so it can be prepared for spring vegetable planting.

I celebrate that you are following along reading this blog!  I have "met" some wonderful "new" people! Thank you so much for reading, and I really appreciate your comments.

Next post - Do you know?

3 comments:

  1. GO DADY VOLS!!! Yes, I'm one of those who are happy when any of our UT teams can be victorious in their contests with other schools. While academics should be the main focus, in my humble opinion, it seems that athletics get more attention in today's news. It's great that those who may not be so strong academically can sometimes find a lucrative career in sports, but those careers take a toll on their bodies, forcing them to retire at young ages. Hopefully, most of them are wise with their high salaries, putting a good bit back in savings for a time when their bodies no longer perform for them. Well, that's my sermon for today, and there's no extra charge for it! :-) Looking forward to your upcoming articles, as always! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I should have proofread better...GO LADY VOLS, not DADY VOLS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you having a wedding? I love surprises. I look forward to your big reveal.
    I am looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete