I watched The Pioneer Woman demonstrate these cookies on her TV show last year, probably about a year ago. She certainly had a way of making them appear to be simply done.:-) I didn't have a lot of trouble with them, either.
|Cooling on the rack.|
2 sticks butter, softened slightly
1 cup powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
4 ounces white almond bark
4 ounces chocolate almond bark
Assorted candies, sugars, etc. for toppings; crush candies to create small pieces.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla; mix to combine. Add flour, cocoa, and salt, mixing until dough comes together. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate two hours. Roll and cut with rectangle shaped cutter. (I used a diamond-shaped cutter).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheet for 7-9 minutes. Let set on pan for a couple of minutes, then remove to rack for cooling.
- When cookies are cool, melt almond bark, working with one flavor at a time. When melted, dip part of cookie into bark, then into the topping. Place on parchment-lined tray until cool.
- Size/shape of cookie cutter will determine number of cookies you have.
An announcement is coming in the next post! I hope you will return to see who wins the giveaway.
Thank you for reading. I appreciate your comments.
They look way tooooooooooooooo yummy! ,-)ReplyDelete
Oh, my!!! With my love/appreciation for chocolate, these just might have to be in my future! Thanks for sharing that recipe with us!ReplyDelete
They look yummy and seem pretty easy. I think I just need to get in the kitchen and just bake. :) Thank you Nellie for such wonderful recipes.ReplyDelete
thats such a perfect plate of cookies, yummo!ReplyDelete
They looks wonderful, Nellie. When I do our rolled chocolate cookies I cut them out with a reindeer cutter and put a red hot on the nose for ruldolph! xo DianaReplyDelete
Nellie, Pass the cookies:):) I have almost never met a cookie I didn't like.LOL xo, SusieReplyDelete
I'll take two dozen please :)ReplyDelete
There may be some people who don't like chocolate, but I've never met one!! : )ReplyDelete