Recently, I made something to add to the dessert table when my Circle was hostess for the UMW General Meeting at church.
|Preparing the pans.|
|Ready for the oven.|
|On cooling racks.|
|Oops! Forgot to take a picture before wrapping!|
2 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese
3/4 cup sugar
Graham cracker crumbs
- Beat cream cheese till smooth and creamy. Gradually add sugar; beat well. Add eggs, one at a time. Scrape bowl often.
- Butter miniature muffin tins' dust with crumbs. Fill cups almost to top. (I used 1/2 Tbsp. measuring spoon.)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
3/4 cup sour cream
2 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix together. Drop in middle of 48 cheesecakes.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees. Bake cheesecakes five minutes.
If you do not add the topping, you will need to bake the cheesecakes for the 20 minutes mentioned in the above directions. Often I do not add the topping, choosing instead to drop some fruit/sauce into the small indention that comes with removal from the oven. I have used blueberry and cherry pie filling for toppings before, but these have a strawberry topping.
This recipe was given to me by a neighbor 35 years ago!
The platter is A Proper Tea by Lenox, designed by Susan Branch.
Thank you for reading. I really appreciate your comments.