Tuesday, April 28, 2015

A favorite....

The cake pictured in the last post was one from last week-end when we were able to have everyone together for a bit of early-birthday celebrating.  It is City Girl's favorite -  yellow cake with chocolate frosting - and it went home with her.

This is The Husband's favorite cake -


I was so busy with putting everything together - in a bit of a hurry, I might add - that I didn't remember the picture taking until this point!:-)  The Husband has always loved Carrot Cake.


This is a recipe that I have had for years (rewrote the recipe card a few years ago), and I do not remember the source.  


I used reduced fat cream cheese, and it worked out very well.  

Enjoy!

13 comments:

  1. City girl's cake sounds good, but love that carrot cake! Happy birthday again, to the both of you, and thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm quite sure that both cakes were delicious! How wonderful that you were able to surprise The Husband with his favorite cake on his special day! I hope you're having a terrific Tuesday, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your carrot cake is similar than mine but mine has 2 c. flour, 1 1/4 w. sugar, 2 tsp soda, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt, 4 lg. eggs, 3/4 c. veg oli,
    3c. carrots, 1 c. walnut. at 350°F. for 55 to 60 min. I use a tube pan and it makes a large cake.The icing recipe is the same as mine.

    The yellow cake must have been appreciated by City Girl.

    Dreary weather miserable here so I'm taking a break and I'm going to hook a bit.
    Have a great day.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, the cake looks scrumptious, City Girl is a lucky girl !
    Carrot cake is one of my favorite cakes, thank you for sharing your recipe, I'm sure it's the best.
    Have a lovely day !
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I see, or hear carrot cake, I think of my Father in Law. It was his favorite, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite part of carrot cake is the cream cheese frosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and on the outside, it looks like the creamy white cakes my grandmother used to make.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now I am hungry for CAKE~!!!!! Thanks so much!!!! lol xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yumm...I love a good carrot cake too! And the frosting sounds so much better and healthier!

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been wanting carrot cake for awhile. I am trying not to bake though. :)
    I bet it was just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a fan of carrot cake too. : )

    ReplyDelete