Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Cookbook Wednesday....

As a retired elementary public school teacher, increasing interest in books and reading among my third-grade pupils was one of my goals.  The Boxcar Children was a popular series in 1992, and this cookbook was a good addition to my collection.








Published in 1991, the Table of Contents is very appealing, even for today's time!


Safety tips are good for children - or any of us - to have!


Hints for measuring are always helpful.


This recipe comes from The Snowbound Mystery, and is a good one for gift-giving.


Brown bread has always been a favorite of mine!


Here is a way to keep your hands clean while working on baking bread!


This is from Mystery Ranch, and who doesn't like French Toast?  Yum!


There is even a recipe for making one's own peanut butter!


From The Snowbound Mystery we have that good standby - spaghetti and meat sauce!


A tossed salad would go well with that spaghetti!


Try making your own dressing!


Chocolate Pudding!  A good way to end your dinner in Tree House Mystery!

While written in terms that are understandable for children, this cookbook can give new ideas for even the most experienced cook!  Perhaps you've been given an idea or two.:-)




7 comments:

  1. WOW!!! This is really a complete cookbook, and even adults could gain important knowledge from it! Thanks for the share! Have a wondrous Wednesday, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a great cookbook. I love the recipe titles.
    It's a great teaching cookbook.
    Have a wonderful Wednesday Nellie.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nellie, I am so far from wanting to cook regularly any more...my new cookbook would be those dump together things. LOL. I guess I stick with my favorite recipes too much. But honestly Ted always pays me compliments when I cook. So I must being doing something right. :) But I know that I could never measure up to carrying your measuring spoons. LOL. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for keeping the hands clean!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great, great cookbook! I didn't know there was one out there. When The Boxcar Children movie came out I bet SweetCheeks watched it 50 times. She was just fascinated with it. I have the book, too. I loved the story as a kid, too- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun Nellie! I collect cookbooks like that too. I never saw this one, this would have been fun as all of my children read those books and now my grand children. That would be so much fun to make food out of that cook book when they were reading the books.

    ReplyDelete