You may remember when the floor looked like this....
...then forward progress gave us this!
Well, my "idea" of helping was to suggest built-ins along a slight recess in the wall. I'm sure I could have kept my mouth shut, but that has never been a strength of mine.😊
So, hopefully this will show this process.
The Husband built the frame to support these cabinets that form the base.
Then, we went about building the box that would become the frame work for the shelving unit on top.
This was very heavy, and we had to wait for "muscle" to arrive to help lift it on top.
With that done, we proceeded to put the shelves in place!
This is the trim we added for a bit of "dressiness."
All in use!
So we have a library/music room, and we have already been enjoying it!
There is a bit more to share, and that will happen another day.