You know me - always forgetting to take pictures of the process.
Here it is, out of the oven, with that slit where I stuck the knife to test for doneness very visible.:-)
As you are able to tell, it has been "taste-tested.":-) It was a good choice to share with the Country Couple when they made a recent visit.
This recipe combines another flavor with pumpkin - apple butter - and it comes from one that appeared via Cooking.com about three years ago.
APPLE BUTTER-PUMPKIN PIE
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1/3 cup sugar (taste the sweetness of your apple butter; may need less sugar here)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- One 5-ounce can evaporated milk (2/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup milk
- Pastry for single crust pie, prepared as you wish, edges crimped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine pumpkin, apple butter, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Add eggs; beat lightly with a rotary beater or wire whisk till combined. Gradually stir in evaporated milk and milk; mix well.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into pastry shell. Bake for 50 minutes or till a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 1 hour.
- Chill 3-6 hours before serving. Store in the refrigerator. If desired, serve with whipped cream. The Husband topped his with plain Greek yogurt! I would definitely prefer whipped cream!:-)
Mm, pumpkin pie is one of my favorites!ReplyDelete
Nellie, that sounds so good. I have never heard of that recipe. Looks like it was a hit too. :):) Blessings, xoxo,SusieReplyDelete
I'm sure that the Country Couple enjoyed their piece(s) of this luscious-looking creation! Thank you for sharing the recipe, and I just might be trying this one, too! So many recipes, so little time! LOL Have a wonderful Wednesday, Sister! Oh, I would definitely go for the whipped cream, too... :-)ReplyDelete
Looks simply delicious !ReplyDelete
Thank you for sharing the recipe Nellie :)
Your pumpkin pie looks tasty. I'll have mine with vanilla ice cream please.ReplyDelete
Great looking pie and I like the pie plate as well.ReplyDelete
I have never seen a pumpkin pie with apple butter. It sounds and looks good so I might just have to try one myself.ReplyDelete
My gosh-that sounds good- apple butter, huh? Who would think it? I love your pie dish, too! I am copying down this recipe..my hubby LOVES apple butter AND pumpkin so this should be a winner here. xo DianaReplyDelete
That pie sure looks tasty, Nellie. Mmm mmm mmm. Good job! SusanReplyDelete
YUM... This sounds delish...ReplyDelete
To my great shame, I very rarely ate pumpkin pie.ReplyDelete
Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)ReplyDelete
Obat Menurunkan Serum Kolesterol
Obat Untuk Mengaktifkan Saraf
Obat Radang Gusi Bengkak
Obat Penyakit HSP Herbal