Friday, June 27, 2014

Simple for Friday....

Are you glad to see Friday arrive?  This has been a busy week here.  Hopefully the week-end will offer a change of pace.

I am sharing another recipe with you today.  It came from the same Konnarock Cooking cookbook that I featured earlier this week.  You will see why I like it!  It is really easy to put together.

MOM'S LUNCH SALAD
1 can black beans, drained
1 can kidney beans, drained
1/2 cup dill pickle relish
1/2 cup chopped onions
Ranch dressing or mayonnaise (I liked using olive oil!)
-Mix all together with enough dressing to moisten.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Serve on a leaf of lettuce.  Serves 4 to 6.

Isn't this simple?  It is also good to have in the refrigerator for the vegetarians in the family!

Very healthy!  

I hope you will return for the next post.  I will be joining The Picnic Game.  That is, if I am able to figure out the "linky" thing.:-) 

Thank you for reading .  I really appreciate your comments.


9 comments:

  1. Yep, it's been a busy week here, too, and I'm looking forward to a non-busy weekend! This salad does look enticing, and I'll be sharing the recipe with my Facebook friends. Have a fantabulous Friday, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nellie, this looks good. I always love a good bean salad as a nourishing meal. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like my kind of recipe. I love the way it sounds.
    Good luck with the linky thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for giving me hours of enjoyment! Your blogs are interesting, beautiful and exciting.
    round-dining-table

    ReplyDelete
  5. The salad sounds delicious Nellie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea of substituting olive oil. Another great salad to try out on the family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like these kinds of salads. I have one I like called Three Bean Salad.

    Friday is just like any other day when you're retired. : )
    I think Sunday is my favorite day though. Church day. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! Need to make this! and with the olive oil! How are you doing, Nellie? Popping in to say hi! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete