Saturday, June 7, 2014

The week-end....

The week-end is here!  Do you have some good plans? 

Did you know that the Belmont Stakes is this afternoon?  California Chrome is entered.  Do you think there will be a Triple Crown winner this year?  From what I've heard, California Chrome is the overwhelming favorite.  It has been a long time - 38  years - since we had the last Triple Crown winner with Affirmed.  We will be watching the race on NBC!

Do you have a special breakfast on the week-end?  Does this look like a special week-end treat?

Biscuits!

Chocolate gravy!

This was a big surprise for The Husband!  He loves having leftovers and will enjoy this treat for a few more days.:-)  Recipes will follow next week!

Stainless gravy ladle - Chateau by Oneida.

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

10 comments:

  1. I'm hoping that Cinderella horse will bring home the Triple Crown this year! He surely seems to be a spunky horse, and I LOVE his story! I also love your biscuits and that chocolate gravy, and I'm sure The Husband will be happy for a few more days! Have a super special Saturday, Sister! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning! Those biscuits look delicious. I had a bowl of All Bran - yuk!

    Hope you enjoy watching the race.

    No special plans for us this weekend. We are dragging a little from the move last week.

    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love homemade biscuits. Sadly mine turn out like hockey pucks. Lol. I just picked up fresh bread and vegetable dumplings at the farmers market. Yumm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nellie, I want the chrome to win also. My aunt Helen made the best biscuits and chocolate gravy ever...better than eclairs. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chocolate gravy sounds and looks NICE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The biscuits look yummy.
    I usually make pancakes on Saturday, but do make them during the week once in a while too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those biscuits looks like something special. I like mine with butter and a little jam. Yummy.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Biscuits and chocolate gravy???????!!!!!! Wow!!! Sounds amazing!!!
    Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting!!
    I adore Martha's Vineyard...we try to go a couple of times a year...but always off season...fall is my favorite...we were married there in 1992!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh YUM! I have never heard of chocolate gravy! Cant wait to see the recipe! Enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete