Tuesday, June 24, 2014

On this day....

We have known one another for 35 years.  Through those years, she has given me some wonderful gifts.  One of those gifts was a copy of The World According to Mister Rogers, published in 2003.  In this book, Fred Rogers says:  "Human relationships are primary in all of living.  When the gusty winds blow and shake our lives, if we know that people care about us, we may bend with the wind, but we won't break." 

I thought these words were appropriate, as she will be spending her time in the surgical lounge of a local hospital while her husband undergoes very serious surgery.   Having just a month ago received the diagnosis of pancreatic cancer, he will be undergoing the Whipple procedure today.

Please join The Husband and me - as well as many other family members and friends - in prayer for these dear friends and the entire medical team as NW goes through this very risky and dangerous surgery.

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

16 comments:

  1. I have just said a prayer for your friend and his family. I know how very serious pancreatic cancer is as I lost my sister Mary to it in 1997. There have been many advances in the treatment for this cancer since then. Bless you too Nellie for the good friend that you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have been in my prayers for several weeks, ever since the diagnosis was made, and I am praying that this procedure will be successful. You are a wonderful friend to them! Love you, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joining you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nellie, I will pray for your friends. And you and your husband. We all need our Lord's help in stressful times. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joining in prayer. Blessings to the family.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am praying Nellie,
    For the doctors wisdom and guidance and comfort for the family and friends. I like that quote by Mr. Rodgers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too am praying for your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stopping by to say I am praying for the Lord to guide the family and the doctors in their treatment plans.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will add them to my prayer list too. I have never heard of this procedure but pray that a miracle occurs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll add your friends to my prayer list. I lost my brother in law to this awful cancer.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prayers flowing. Please keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no I am so sorry to hear this Nellie. My thoughts and prayers will be with them...

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was also Saint John the Baptist's Day, which is Quebec's national day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope the surgery went well! Your friends are very lucky to have friends like you and your husband in those difficult times. I'm keeping your friends in my thoughts and hope all will be well very soon.
    That quote by Fred Rogers is wonderful and very true.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete