Monday, September 15, 2014

About the week-end....

Monday has arrived!  Did you have a good week-end?  Do you expect a good week ahead?

It was a busy week-end for me.  It was time for our Conference UMW Annual Meeting and Training, so I was off to Lake Junaluska, NC.  In addition to being present for our yearly business session and worship, this was also time for me to provide the Program Resource Room for the members.

A "first" for Annual Meeting was a special concert presented by the musicians who had been asked to come to lead us in music.  We were blessed by wonderful hand bell selections as well as outstanding vocalists!  It was a truly special time!


I apologize for the lighting in this picture.  I was supposed to be seated on the stage, and I just had to try to sneak in this picture of the altar!  The word "Love" is on the highest point above "Hope."

"Feed My Lambs" was announced as the new theme for the next two years, and the artwork was chosen for illustrating the theme.  As soon as a copy of that is available, you will probably be seeing it on the blog.:-)

So - it was a very full week-end, and the week ahead will probably be busy as well.  I have not been able to make those usual blog visits, comments, or replies, and it will take me awhile to work back into the routine.

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.


14 comments:

  1. Your table arrangement is lovely, and I'm sure the ladies are excited about the coming year! Of course, I'm not a blogger, but take your time making those rounds. Your friends will be happy to have your visits whenever you are up to them. Have a marvelous Monday, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were busy. It does get hard getting back into the routine.
    I hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delight you and the activities you do, are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a good weekend and expect to have a good week too. : )
    Sounds like a good and busy one for you. Nice to be busy for the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love hearing hand bells.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nellie, you never show signs of slowing down. You are always so involved and up-beat.

    Your theme table looks very nice.

    I love listening to a bell choir. We have a nice one in our city.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd sure like to be in the Lake Junaluska area!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nellie, I do expect a good week ahead. I'm optimistic and see a great late summer week. Beginning to get in gear for the Jewish New Year, just about a week away. Lots of good thoughts and time with friends. A beautiful combination. This is the first time in four years that I am not recuperating from something at this time and I am so grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how wonderful! Our church used to have a bell choir loved the sounds!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, as someone above said, your table arrangement is lovely. You seem to have a special talent for that - your arrangements always look lovely. I love bell choirs also, and our church does have one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The lighting adds interest to the photo. Sounds like a great conference. I tried playing handbells in church choir when I was in middle school. It is FAR from easy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a wonderful conference. Of course, just being at Junaluska has to be WONDERFUL....

    Love the theme for this coming year...

    Hugs,
    Betsy
    Feeling good?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the way you arranged the table. It's pleasing to the eye. I had a nice weekend. Thank you for asking.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete