Friday, September 12, 2014

It's on the way....

Cooler temperatures, that's what!  At least, that's our forecast for the week-end.  So, with that possibility, perhaps it is time to head straight ahead into plans for Autumn!

What is better for doing that than this book?


This is just about the best resource I have ever seen for helping us prepare for the coming season.  The edition I have was published ten years ago and has been out-of-print for awhile, but those of you who do not have one are in luck!  A special ten-year anniversary edition has just been released and is available for order from Susan Branch's website - Susanbranch.com. 

In addition to her on-going commentary of making meaningful Autumn memories throughout the book, there are recipes for delicious Stuffed New Potatoes,  Indian Shuck Bread, Crunchy Chicken, and those wonderful Butter-Bit Croutons.  That is just in the Appetizer section!

This little book is packed with other wonderful ideas including Roasted Beet Salad, Sweet Potato Casserole, Pumpkin Cheesecake,  plus super ideas for a Spooky Halloween!  What I'm heading off to do, though, is bake some of those Molasses Cookies!

I didn't mention something else that makes this book special.  Susan has done her very own water color illustrations throughout, and everything is written in her very own handwriting!

This is truly a special book, and I don't think you'd be disappointed to have a copy on your shelf!

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments. 

11 comments:

  1. That book really does sound delightful, and I'm sure it's chock-full of fabulous ideas and recipes! Thanks for the suggestion, and have a fantastic Friday, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this book and I am now reading it for the umpteenth year. My go to book to get me in the fall mood.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well will have to get it to add to my collection. I am always a bit afraid of Susan Branch's books, when I bring them out, I am sure to gain 10 pounds!
    Have a wonderful Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Susan Branch. I've been fortunate to pick up several of her books at the thrift store over the years. Wishing you a very nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love SB too.
    I'd like to add this one to my book collection ..
    I have Summer:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm ready for autumn... not sure about cooking, I'm pretty lousy at that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great book full of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm getting into Fall mood but my thoughts are turning toward making good soups instead of baking.

    I like the idea of a hand written book .

    hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in an autumnal mood too, although here it is far too warm these days. But evenings are cool and there are the colours that have started showing up from as early as mid-August.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in an autumnal mood too, although here it is far too warm these days. But evenings are cool and there are the colours that have started showing up from as early as mid-August.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete