Tuesday, September 30, 2014

The "jury" is still out.....

....on this little gadget.


Do you remember when I featured it earlier?


Here is evidence of its handiwork.  This is zucchini "pasta."


After steaming, it was topped with Italian chicken sausage in marinara sauce.  

It was good, though making the strands of the zucchini wasn't all that easy, for some reason.

The Husband used it with potatoes one morning.  They were good (of course!), though he has the same hesitation about a whole-hearted endorsement as I have.

The Veggetti isn't taking up such a huge space for storing, so we will try again with something else.  If you have one of these, let me know how you use it.

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

9 comments:

  1. That dish looks quite tasty, but I'm afraid that my clumsy self would have trouble using that gadget. I have trouble using my Pampered Chef chopper!! I'm sure you and The Husband will conquer this thing soon, and the results will be wonderful! Have a terrific Tuesday, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a neat gadget to have, but I'm betting I could just add the right blade to the ole' Cusinart and get the same effect.

    Zucchini spaghetti looks great!

    Have a good day, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nellie, It appears to have worked with making the zucchini pasta. Do you feel that it's a lot of work to use ? Some gadgets aren't worth the pain of dragging out,using, and cleaning afterwards. I have a carrot wave cut thingy...oh my , I'd rather just make carrot sticks the simple way, with my paring knife.:):) xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Cherdo. I have many blade attachments to my food processor but I never even use them so i think the gadget would probably find it's way to the goodwill store. But I admit, the zucchini dish looks good. I just slice my zucchini or chunk it depending what dish I make. My husband seldom cook but he LOVES kitchen gadgets...
    Hugs,
    JB

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks interesting and might be good if you made hash browns. I just don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been thinking of getting one of these based on a friend's recommendation, but I think I will hold off. I use so few gadgets and in my tiny kitchen, there's no space for anything I don't use ofen. Thanks for bringing me back to gadget reality.

    ReplyDelete