Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Front page news....

Around here, college football is "big news" when fall rolls around, so it isn't unusual for this to be "front page news."


The University of Tennessee opened their football season with a sold-out home game with Utah State.  This was the first sold-out opener since 2007, and it was televised on the new SEC Network.  The final score was 38-7, with UT winning the game.  


The past few years have not been smooth ones for the football program at UT, so it is good that this is an opportunity for a "fresh start."

Sometimes there are areas in our life when we wish to have a "fresh start."  If you are in that place, I send along encouraging wishes to you!

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

11 comments:

  1. GO VOLS!!! :-) I do hope this will be a much better season for our team, and they are off to a great start! Each new day is a new beginning, and I hope to use this day wisely. Have a terrific Tuesday, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy women who enjoy football. I can't relate, but I can relate to needing a fresh start. I could use one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. li love college football! our team won their home opener 63-0. great way to start the season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your Volunteers :) should be an interesting game between our two teams this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nellie , Yep , football season is here as you know we have 4 university teams here and a professional team (Saints) so you know we are ready for football .
    Hope your team do well . If they don't win all the games , enjoy them anyway . Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Willy Dunne Wooters follows West Virginia. He had a bit of a grumpy weekend.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. GO VOLS... That was the BEST first game of the year I have seen from the Vols in several years. There's enthusiasm, discipline, and an obvious love for each other... The defense is MUCH improved and so are the receivers. Worley surprised me and did a good job... Maybe (if he can stay healthy) this will be a good year for him...

    Their weakest area is offensive line and the run game. BUT--as everyone is saying, this is a very young team... They will only grow and get better...

    My son says that we need to hope for 'baby steps' this year... Hopefully, they can win enough to go to a Bowl Game this year --and just keep improving each year.

    I'm excited though. Butch Jones is awesome.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I try to look at every sunrise as a fresh start.
    I enjoy making the food for my families college football get togethers. They are all SEC fans of the blue and orange variety.
    Win or loose, everyone is always hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo hoo! Love this time of year! Go UT! Have a great week, Nellie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As you know by now, I'm not a sport fan but I can relate to a fresh start also.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete