Thursday, September 25, 2014

Another "gadget...."

....just what I needed! LOL  However, this one is one I'm sure many of you have.  I'm just late acquiring one.


Here it is - still in the box!


It even comes with accessories!

It has already been "in service," and I don't know what took me so long to add this to my kitchen! 

It was definitely a "must have" for this:


Creamy Cauliflower Soup!  Yum!  Of course, it was too early to be served in those pumpkin bowls in the last post, so there will have to be more soup in our future. :-)  I used that wonderful mug from Camp Wesley Woods, and it was perfect.

Here's that simple recipe.  Oh - it is one that a Weight Watcher friend shared.

CREAMY CAULIFLOWER SOUP
1 Tablespoon butter
1 Tablespoon flour
1 medium head cauliflower, chopped
1/2 cup chopped onions
4 cups fat-free chicken (or vegetable) broth
- Make a roux with butter and flour; stir about 2 minutes.  Add chicken broth, onions, and cauliflower.  Heat to boiling and reduce heat to simmer about 20 minutes.
- Puree with an immersion blender until smooth.  Season with salt and pepper.  Topping with grated Parmesan or Romano is optional, but really good.:-)  
Four servings, 1 1/2 cup each

I've added a new follower!  Welcome, and I hope you enjoy coming along with us!

I am really having problems working my usual blog visiting into my routine these days!  I hope you understand, and I will be around as time permits.

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

14 comments:

  1. I love your new kitchen helper...and the soup looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not yet have one of those handy gadgets, but have been tempted many times to get one. Perhaps, soon, I'll take the plunge! Have a lovely day, Sister, and thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stick blenders..are fantastic and a staple here for so many years..
    You will use this a lot:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have one, but there are times I wish I did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nellie, You could put this yummy soup in the pumpkin bowls. I would not want any kids to get a hold of that blender. I tell them when mixing you need a big container. LOL. Hope you use it plenty. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to have a hand blender. It wasn't a Cuisinart. One day I was making chocolate shakes for the children's lunch. Without thinking, I turned it on before I put it in the liquid. I ended up covered in chocolate. Oops!

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that gadget. I think it would be so handy to have. What yummy looking soup. It is lunch time here and I wish you were here to fix it. :) Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never had cauliflower soup. I just might have to remedy that. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi There, We are home from several days in Texas visiting family/friends. If you haven't seen my blog post today, check it out.. We had a wonderful time--but came home very TIRED.... ha

    Neat little gift for your kitchen. Our blender 'gadget' is an Oster Blender. It's tiny --for individual smoothies/milkshakes, etc... We LOVE it.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the old white Cuisinart that I bought almost 25 years ago. Mine is white and let me tell you, it still works like the first day. Great addition to any kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your new kitchen addition! I use stick blenders for my soap making, should get this for my soup making! May just try out your soup looks great!! Enjoy today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete