Monday, September 22, 2014

This and that....

Just a few "catching up" things today - on this first day of fall!

Have you heard Jason Gould sing?  He is Barbra Streisand's son, and Sirius radio has been featuring her music on the channel I follow as I am driving along.  I find "How Deep is the Ocean" that they sing together to be absolutely beautiful!  So - I do this Internet search to see how to find his albums.  On to Amazon!  Well, the MP3 version is very affordable, but I have nothing that will utilize that version.  Why is the CD so terribly expensive?!?  I'll just have to hope to luck into a radio station somewhere that will play his music sometime.

Outside the other afternoon, I was unnoticed by those little birds that like to come around.  They are very skittish, and off they will fly at the first movement.  I was surprised that I was able to catch the following two shots.  Now, they are taken with the iPad, and they may be blurry.  That happened as I was trying to do some editing of them.  Some of you post some lovely pictures of birds that are near your place, and this seems to be the best I can do.:-)



One more thing.  Since fall has officially arrived (or it will at the time of the Equinox tonight), here is something to consider that uses pumpkin.


We are not much for French Toast around here, but this Pumpkin French Toast really sounded good to me!  Turkey bacon, additional egg (scrambled), and applesauce cooked by The Husband made us a good Sunday night supper!  Do you ever have breakfast for supper?  

Oh - that recipe!  For three slices of bread, mix 1/4 cup pumpkin with one egg, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.  For this version, use a brush to apply the pumpkin/egg mixture, place the slice of bread pumpkin side down into the skillet first, then brush the mixture onto the other side.  I will use bread that is not as flavorful the next time so the flavor of the pumpkin will come through better.  All I had was this Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin bread, and it has lots of flavor already.:-)

The church garden has now donated 2,331 pounds of produce to local food pantries.

I wish everyone a happy Monday!

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments. 

15 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! That is over a ton of food your church has donated! Quite an accomplishment, and my hat is off to all who worked so diligently to achieve such a great feat!

    We do have breakfast for supper at least twice a week, and this sounds like a tasty twist on French toast. Thanks for the suggestion! Have a marvelous Monday, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw him sing with her on a special of hers..celebrating her I think.
    It was lovely.
    She's amazing:)
    Her son was also in the movie The Prince Of Tides.. one of my faves:)

    E Gould is on quite a few shows right now..Ray Donovan..Sensitive Skin..qite popular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did hear him sing and when his Mum spoke of him it was heart warming, the french toast sounds wonderful,

    ReplyDelete
  4. About the only time we have that kind of breakfast IS for supper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The equinox is actually tomorrow this year. I still consider that autumn starts with the first of September. But anyway, what a lovely breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nellie, Some times I like breakfast foods for lunch or dinner. That toast sounds good for any time. LOL xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, Jason is a good singer and I have the album through itunes, can't remember what it cost. I'm an ipod junkie with many thousands of songs on it. :-) It's a good album.

    That looks like a good breakfast. And we can eat breakfast any time of the day.
    That's great with the food pantry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love French toast here and this sounds really good. I'll have to try it and use our home grown pumpkins. : )

    I like having breakfast for supper, Ken not so much so it's what I usually eat when Ken isn't here for supper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nellie...

    We love French toast. Your pumpkin one sounds yummy. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never heard him sing, Nellie, but I will look for his music now. I forgot about that they were featuring her on the radio this month. Darn it!

    Your toast sounds good to me. I have never tried the turkey bacon but it sure looks good!

    That is a GREAT amount of food your church has donated. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have not heard him sing, but I saw him act in a couple of movies when he was a teen. He was a good actor. I don't know if he's been in any movies of late.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love breakfast for dinner - and vice versa. And that is a very enticing breakfast dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wonder if he would come up over youtube? I would try pulling him up and then finding a "mix" of his songs or songs of the like (which may include his Mom and him)? That's what I'll try so I can here his music. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete