A recipe came across my email from Betty Crocker that was good for helping empty the freezer of those berries from last season as we were ready to add more from this season.
BLACKBERRY COFFEE CAKE
- Blackberry Filling
1 1/4 cups frozen (thawed and well drained) blackberries
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Coffee Cake
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoo baking soda
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vailla
1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
- Powdered Sugar Glaze
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3 to 4 teaspoons water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease bottom and side of 10-inch angel food (tube) cake pan with shortening; lightly flour.
- In small bowl, mix all Blackberry Filling ingredients; set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and baking soda; set aside. In large bowl, beat granulated sugar, butter, vanilla and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Beat in flour mixture alternately with sour cream on low speed.
- Spread one-third of the batter in pan; sprinkle with half of the filling. Spoon another one-third of the batter by tablespoonfuls over filling; sprinkle with remaining filling. Spoon remaining batter over filling; spread evenly.
- Bake coffee cake 55 to 65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir all Powdered Sugar Glaze ingredients until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over cooled coffee cake. Makes 16 servings.
As I mentioned, this came from the Betty Crocker email several days ago. The date printed on the recipe as I printed it out is July 25, 2013.
|One-third batter, one-half filling.|
|All batter in the pan.|
|Just out of the pan!|
|Cooled and glazed!|
More green beans on Tuesday, too! I guess you know what will be taking up my time today.:-)
Thank you for reading. I really appreciate your comments.