Sunday, August 25, 2013

Words for today....

Once again, today's quote is from Max Lucado's book "Hope - Pure and Simple."

                                     "Sow seeds of hope and enjoy optimism.

                                    Sow seeds of doubt and expect insecurity."

The Mission Focus from the UMW Prayer Calendar for today is the Rural Mission in Johns Island, SC.  During the week, we will be praying for UMW Mission efforts in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Tanzania.  UMW's efforts span the globe.

I wish you a blessed Sunday. 

9 comments:

  1. So that's why I have so many insecurities!

    Happy Sunday, Nellie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nellie, Thank you for the good wishes for our Sunday. I wish you a blessed day too. It's very pretty here today. Hope you have sunshine. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so very true. I hope you have a blessed Sunday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. The seeds we sow determine the outcome don't they? Happy Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, this is one way we can somewhat control our destiny. I believe that Christ taught HOPE, and even gave Himself so that we could have that hope for eternity! Thank you for this reminder, and I'll try to be more optimistic! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second that "Amen"!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quotes Nellie.
    I hope that your Sunday was a blessed one.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very true, Nellie... I love Max Lucado. He knows how to say things --which are TRUE... Thanks.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete