Friday, August 30, 2013

Just what I needed....

....another cookbook!

Another "goodie" from More Than A Vacation.  

In an earlier post, I wrote of our trip to Konnarock during our time at MTAV.  The Konnarock Lutheran Training School was in operation from 1924 until 1959.  The present goal is to restore the building to serve as Konnarock Retreat House, a place groups will be able to rent and hold meetings/retreats.  The sale of this cookbook is one way the committee is generating funds to assist with the renovation.

Some of the recipes found in this cookbook include Green Chile Cottage Cheese Squares, Peanut Butter Bread, Preacher Cookies, and Chicken Spaghetti Casserole.  Bubble and Squeak from Ireland is also included, as well as recipes for homemade mayonnaise and peanut butter candy roll, one of my favorites from my childhood!
As the time is nearing when I provide lunch with the Adult Day Care at our church, I will be choosing a dessert from this cookbook - Chocolate Zucchini Cake!

If you think you might be interested in learning how you might be able to have a copy of this cookbook, or if you might be interested in contributing to the restoration efforts, there is a website.
It is - konnarockretreathouse@yahoo.com

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

9 comments:

  1. The cookbook sounds very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My own personal opinion is that one can NEVER have too many cookbooks!! I have a rather large collection, as you know, and some of them have served me better than others, but there is at least one recipe in each that I love! That one looks really special, and I'll have to check out their website. Thanks, and I'm sure that chocolate zucchini cake will be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nellie , Like Glenda , I have a lot of cookbooks and keep adding to my collection, I visit thrift shops , yard sales there is a good source to find old cook books . Yes , Nellie , make the chocolate zucchini cake , they will love it and put another smile on your face . I'll check out their website . Thanks for sharing :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those types of cookbooks- I think they are better than any of the commercial cook books out there- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a bunch of old cookbooks that my mamaw and papaw used to use :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can we ever have enough cookbooks.. Enjoy you weekend nellie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm realizing that I have way too many cookbooks when I'm looking for a specific recipe and I can't remember from which cookbook I saw it. I waste so much time searching and in a pinch I google the recipe instead. lol

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love these kind of cookbooks a the ones made for a good cause and chock full of delicious. B

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think one can ever have too many cookbooks. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete