Saturday, August 24, 2013

The week-end....

Happy Saturday to you!  I hope you have something enjoyable going on this week-end.

There were a few questions about this.

Do you recognize the person on the cover?

This magazine was first published by two Duke University students - Mangesh Hattikudur and Will Pearson - when they were sophomores in May 2001.   Toby and Melanie Maloney became involved when they gave financial support for MORE than the next issue! 

In 10 years, Mental Floss has grown into a multimedia empire that includes a range of products available through the company's store. 

Contributors to the magazine have included "Jeopardy!" winner Ken Jennings.  Albert Einstein, who appeared on the first issue, is regularly featured. 

The Husband and I have enjoyed reading this magazine, and we have two copies.  I am announcing a giveaway of one of these copies.  All you have to do is to indicate an interest in your comment.  The winning name will be drawn on Tuesday evening, August 27.

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

7 comments:

  1. LOVE Mental Floss. I hope to be in the drawing. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a very interesting magazine. I've never heard of it before today. I'd love a chance at winning your giveaway if you ship to Canada.

    Have an enjoyable weekend.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard of this magazine, and would be most interested in having a copy, unless "other factors" disqualify me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is new to me, too, but it looks great. Thanks, Nellie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to get a copy of Metal Floss. Even if I don't win I think I'll start reading it again. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen that magazine, Nellie. I hope someone that loves reading wins it! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh ...this looks brilliant!!! I would love to be included in this drawing!!!! I adore this type of reading!!!

    ReplyDelete