Thursday, August 1, 2013

For a number of years....

Today, I want to share some pictures with you that show some items I have had for a number of years.

An oblong Fire King baking dish.
Two baking cups remain.

In 1962, my sister gave me this set.  There was a square baking dish, a round baking dish with lid, and more baking cups than these two.  Those pieces mentioned have been broken through the years with use.

Large and small.

Do you see the word "Pyrex" on the bottom of the bowl?

I actually don't remember exactly when I acquired these two bowls.  I think they were included with a stand mixer.  Do you remember the kind that had the mixer that could come away from the stand and used purely as a portable mixer?  Most of the time, it stayed attached to the stand when I was using it.  The bowls would rotate on a turntable when the mixer was going.

This is actually green.

Do you see the "Fire King?"

I also cannot remember exactly when this bowl joined our kitchen.  Are they even made like this anymore?

All I can say is that they are a great help to me as I do my work in the kitchen.  They definitely do not sit idle in the cupboard!

I should give a welcome to the month of August!  How did July pass so quickly?  

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate  your comments.

14 comments:

  1. I love that first set of baking cups. Looks similar to a set that my grandmother used to have :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nellie, imagine having bowls for that many years!

    That shows they were very well made and of good quality. Were they made in the USA?

    That's terrific!

    The blackberry cake looked good, too! Wowsers. Sincerely, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I remember that set that I gave you WAY back then! It came from Kay Jewelers, and was a special item they got in for just a short while. I'm actually amazed that there are any pieces left, so it's good to see them again. I also have items in my kitchen that have been around for several decades, and they still work quite well, so there's no need to replace them, right? Have a glorious day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mom had a complete set of dishes with that same wheat on it!!

    Yes, I sure do remember those mixers.

    I remember my mom had a three bowl set of the pyrex bowls blue, green, and yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember those wheat patterns. How nice that you still have those around.

    With all the baking you do, it's almost a miracle that those bowls are still around.
    Happy Baking.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have tons of Pyrex and Corning Ware, etc. AND, those pink mixing bowls... I have them in green!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember the ones with the wheat on the outside. My Mom had those, I bet my sister does now. I have the orange ones now though. I bought them with green stamps. Do you remember those? I saved and saved and I was so proud of myself when I brought them home. I have used them years and years in my baking. I don't remember the brand fire king though. I love dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pink mixing bowls are so practical and so very pretty. Happy August!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i buy the bowls with the wheat sheaths on them whenever i see them at thrift shops. i love them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My daughter recently found a set of two wheat sheath bowls, I remember telling her, they were quite old, but gently used.
    Love those pink bowls :)
    I still have my first Pyrex bowl that came with my stand mixer, the mixer died years ago, but the bowl is still put to good use./
    Lovely bowls there Nellie.
    ~!Jo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nellie, I remember pale green fire-king mugs, my parents used for coffee. My mom had pyrex bowls too. All those things take me back in time. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think those are made any more, Nellie. Those wheat dishes came to my mother through the Red & White store years ago- she bought a piece a week until she had a whole set- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Nellie, what a pleasure to see! xox

    ReplyDelete