Friday, September 20, 2013

Another book....

Friday has arrived!  Has it seemed like a long week to you?  Do you have some good week-end plans?

For a few Sundays, I have featured quotes from a book written by Max Lucado.  My first introduction to him was with this book.

Illustrated by Sergio Martinez.

The book tells about a woodworker named Eli who carved small wooden people called Wemmicks.  They were each different, just as we are all different. 

The Wemmicks spent their days giving out stars and dots.

Eli is hard at work.

Punchinello understands now that we cannot all be alike.

I think this is a wonderful book to read to children to reinforce their value as an individual, helping them to see how special they are even though they are not like anyone else!  Great for self-esteem, in my opinion. 

This has been a favorite book for a gift to families welcoming that first child!

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

13 comments:

  1. This does seem like a wonderful book for children. I am going to let my sister know so that she can get it for her two children :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does look like a great book for children and those who care about others. Thank you for the suggestion. The illustrations are quite unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nellie! Oh, that looks like a wonderful book! I do like Max Lucado.
    Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nellie, I think this would be agreat book for young kids to read. Hope it's at the book fair today. I may buy it . xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nellie ! It's a wonderful book for children , I was given one when I had my first child , my kids (4) tell their friends about it . Thanks for sharing :) have a great weekend .

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a good idea about giving that book for a baby shower book. I never thought about it before.
    That is great. Have a great Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. At our church, the priest pays special to children and read that story one day to the kids and the whole congregation. It was a great way to put his point across in a way that kids would understand. A great book indeed.
    I highly recommend it.
    Thanks for always sharing books that are special.
    Have a lovely weekend Nellie.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  8. It should be:
    At our church the priest pays special attention to the children... sorry about the skipped word.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  9. The book sounds wonderful!

    I can tell from your posts that you were a wonderful teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That does sound like a very good book. I agree with Beth. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's looks like a perfect book for any child!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another gem of a book Nellie. Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a wonderful book! I gave it to an adult friend a couple of years ago; he needed it.

    ReplyDelete