Wednesday, September 11, 2013

For today....

I find these words from the "Prayer of St. Francis" to be appropriate at any day, and especially good to remember today.  I'm sure they are familiar words to many of you.

               "Make me a channel of your peace.

                    Where there is hatred, let me bring your love.

                         Where there is injury, your pardon, Lord,

                             And where there's doubt, true faith in you.

                 Make me a channel of your peace.

                       Where there's despair in life, let me bring hope.

                              Where there is darkness, only light,

                                  And where there's sadness, ever joy.

                 Oh, Master, grant that I may never seek

                     So much to be consoled as to console,

                          To be understood as to understand,

                              To be loved as to love with all my soul.

               Make me a channel of your peace.

                    It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,

                        In giving of ourselves that we receive,

                           And in dying that we're born to eternal life."

11 comments:

  1. Just beautiful and so very true . Pinning it Nellie thanks for sharing :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Nellie, I love this prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my most favorite prayers, from one of my most beloved saints. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. How appropriate for today Nellie. My church is named St Francis of Assisi as it's nestled on a hill surrounded by trees and fields. I'm very familiar with that prayer.
    Hugs and Peace,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful prayer and thought for today and every day! Have a blessed day, Sister! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nellie, So beautiful. Thank you.xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know this well and it has always been a favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Nellie..Yes, that is a lovely message from St. Francis.

    Loved John Michael Talbot's rendition of it, set to music, too.

    Thanks for stopping by. You are a sweetie. Susan

    ReplyDelete