Monday, September 9, 2013

The week-end....

....was a beautiful one here!  It was just right for taking a trip!  So, we were up early on Saturday morning to be on time for this!

And - we made it before 10:00!

This was a special week-end at Emory and Henry.  As the program mentions, it was the 2013 Induction Ceremony of several former students into the Sports Hall of Fame.  Also on the program was the retiring of the football jersey of a former football player who has become a golf buddy of The Husband during More Than A Vacation events. 

There were quite a number of MTAV participants present, and it was rather like a reunion. 

Of course, there was a football game!:-)

Pregame warmups!

Almost time to play!

The mascot.

Cheerleaders!
We had been invited to attend a Third Quarter reception in the new (for 2012 season) field house.

Located on the east end of the field.
Emory and Henry's opponent for the game was Ferrum.  The Husband and I sat on the 50-yard line to watch some of the game.  It was exciting to see Emory and Henry play in a winning fashion.

Tried to get a picture of the scoreboard.

The final score of the game was Emory and Henry - 49; Ferrum - 13.

Before leaving campus, I took this picture.

The Mercantile!

"Oh, no!" you say.  "Is she shopping again?"  Well, of course.  One must be sure to have the proper fall wardrobe....

....and a Tervis tumbler is always handy.:-)

Ready and waiting for use!
 I hope you are ready for a good week.  It is going to be like summer around here today, with a predicted high temperature of 90 degrees F! 

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

16 comments:

  1. I love those items you purchased! It's great to know that your team won that special game, too, and I hope their season will be a good one as time goes on. That was a very good thing the school did for The Husband's friend, and I'm sure he was touched by their expressions of appreciation. Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a nice weekend! we are going into the 90's here this week and i am not happy one bit about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice trip. The football game looks like a nice way to spend the day. I am so sorry about the heat.
    I know how tired of it I am.
    I hope your heat doesn't stay around but departs shortly. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Emory kicked butt! I love football - one of my favorite things about fall. It's been unseasonably warm here as well. I'm ready for cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great weekend. It looks like the perfect site to watch a football game. I'm a big fan of college football -- Vandy fan! -- and I know you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nellie, You made me laugh....shopping again. I feel as if this is the best way to watch football. On a glorious day with friends. I like college ball better than pro. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun time you had! What great pictures. We watched Emma perform with her marching band at the varsity football game Friday night. So proud. It's going to be in the 90s Tuesday. That's going to make for one sticky 2nd grade classroom tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like a wonderful fun filled weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you had another great weekend at E&H. They must have a good football team...

    Have a fantastic week.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Nellie , what a wonderful trip you had and thanks for sharing :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a great time. Glad your team won!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like the weather was very agreeable for your weekend. You have blue skies in each beautiful photo outside!

    Sure enjoyed seeing a photo of you (and hubby) over at Betsy's!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Nellie...So glad you had a good, fun weekend. Nice photos!

    Thank you so much for all your visits to my blog. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like you had perfect weather to enjoy the great outdoors. A little hot for the guys running around on the football field, though. My hubby and I were in TN over Labor Day weekend visiting friends, and it was a wee bit hot then, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmmm, shopping and football....sounds good to me

    ReplyDelete