Friday, September 13, 2013

Encouraging art....

Have you noticed how children seem to love bright colors?  This book is a good one for exposure to lots of color.

Ruth Heller's book "Color."

Nice overlays of color are throughout the book.

There are two artists whose paintings are good to share with children.

Monet is one of them.

Are you familiar with his painting "Water Lilies?"

Van Gogh is another.

Is that "Starry Night" on the cover?

Another use of color by Van Gogh.

Art appreciation for children - a great area for growth!

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

8 comments:

  1. GREAT books! You are right- I think all children are drawn to bright, bold colors. I have lots of books here for the grandkids to go through- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those looks like wonderful books to introduce kids to paintings art. Bright colors are stimulating to children. Colors affects our mood and body too.

    Hope you have a colorful day.
    HUGS,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen these books before...I love that they are for kids and teaching about the great artists. Nellie, you sure have lots of books. :):) xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are very nice art books today Nellie, I have always enjoyed good art books but I didn't have these.
    They look very pretty and filled with such bright colors. Have a lovely Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nellie , thhe colors are so bold and beautiful , off to the store to buy my kids a few books , thanks for sharing .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always loved bright colors, and still do, but I've had to tone down some of my preferences to keep from being too noticeable in public! These books look wonderful! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look like great books. I love lots a color myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a child at heart then. I love those colors. I love Van Gogh's work and Monet's artwork.
    These are very inspiring. My daughter would love them.

    ReplyDelete