Friday, September 6, 2013

Some "classics...."

Happy Friday!  How has the first week of September been for you?  Are you ready for a good week-end?

Earlier posts on this blog have indicated that I have a love of books for children.  Here are some I think are classics.

Shel Silverstein!

These are books that I think are good for children to have on their bookshelves!  My favorite book by this same author, though, is this one.

Oops! I didn't intend for it to be blurry.:-( 

This is "The Giving Tree."  It is about an apple tree and all the many gifts it was able to give the young boy throughout his life.
There are many ways the tree is happy!

I loved to read this book to my class when I was teaching.  The tree is an apple tree, and the story fit right into the apple emphasis I had for September.

I hope you have some good plans for the days ahead!

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

12 comments:

  1. great selection! Have a super duper weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the giving tree is a wonderful book and I'm sure the others as well.

    Today's plans are to visit the SPCA, do some general cleaning in the barn office and the usual grocery, gas up and everything in between.
    Have a great day.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had two of those books on my bookshelf for ages and one of my boys made off with them and hasn't brought them back, the rascal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shel Selverstein is/was a great author of children's books! These are wonderful books, but I don't have any of them on our shelves now. My weekend should be calm and peaceful, just hoping for another win for the TN Vols! Have a great afternoon, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As crazy as it sounds I didn't read that book as a youngster. I feel like I missed out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a wonderful collection of children's books Nellie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nellie, I had read those books with my daughters...many years ago. Hope you have a beautiful weekend. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. We read those books so much when our own kids were younger that they are falling apart and now we read them to the grandkids- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nellie , Shel Silversteins' is a staple ot our house , I enjoyed reading your post , my oldest started middle school this year {son} my girls or 4th and 5th grade , baby boy started kindergarten , so off to the book store to buy his teacher "The Giving Tree" , I think her kids will enjoy it . My kids loves reading . Have a lovely weekend dear Nellie and thanks for sharing :).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great books. All have been read at my house!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh can you recommend something for an 11 year old girl. She's reading the Wizard of Oz right now.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete