Saturday, September 21, 2013

That moon....

....did not disappoint!  We actually had a sky with no cloud cover, and I was able to capture these shots.

With closeup camera setting, just as the moon was rising in the eastern sky.

Just a moment later than the top picture, on regular camera setting.

Several minutes later as the moon was rising into the sky.
We have enjoyed the bright light from the moon for several nights.  That is, until last night.  Cloud cover was in the way, and sure enough.  We have a rainy Saturday!  It has been awhile since we have had rain, so the fall garden will appreciate this moisture.

The week-end is here.  Hopefully you have some good plans.  The Husband plans to watch some golf on TV, and the Vols play the Gators in Florida, also on TV later.  Go Vols!

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

11 comments:

  1. Wasn't that a beautiful moon by night and by day!

    You got some great shots. I'm glad that you got some rain for the garden and lawn.

    No specialplans for the weekend except the routine.
    Happy weekend.
    Hugs.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are fabulous! I've got a trip to Michael's on my schedule for today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a nice weekend Nellie, I loved that moon. I am glad you got shots of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shots of the moon Nellie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That harvest moon really has been spectacular, and I thank you for sharing your marvelous photos! You know that I had a meeting with some friends this morning, and that "meeting" lasted over three hours! We enjoyed our breakfast together and had some delightful conversation, and decided that we should not wait so long for the next get-together! I did get rained on while I was out, but I'll dry with no shrinkage or fading, I'm sure! Hope your afternoon is going well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great moon shots. I got a shot of the morning moon today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nellie- We have had rain and clouds for several days now so no bright moon to be seen here. Today it is raining-again! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nellie , your moon photos did not disappoint , they are just awesome thanks for sharing , have a great weekend :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been a little cloudy for moon shots around here and we even had quite a bit of rain. However, it's also not 90 degrees and I'll definitely take that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, the bright moon has been very pleasant these last few nights.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful shots you got of that glorious Harvest Moon, Nellie. I'm so glad you got to enjoy it and share it too:)

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete