Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Just a recipe....

Happy Wednesday to everyone who is following along!  I hope this is a good day for each one of you!

As I mentioned in my previous post, today is "just a recipe."  That means I neglected to take pictures of my progress through the preparation and serving.  I think we were just too hungry to consider that.:-)

This is not a new recipe in that versions are probably readily available in many places, but it is one that I have found helpful through the years as I have had to consider the "battle of the bulge."  It comes from "First Place Favorites," 1997 reprint edition.

HOT CHICKEN SALAD (can definitely use TURKEY)

2 cups diced chicken
1 1/2 cups diced celery
1/2 oz. slivered toasted almonds (I toast mine in a non-stick pan on top of the stove)
1 Tablespoon grated onion
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, tabasco
1/2 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
2 oz. grated reduced fat cheddar cheese

- Toss together all ingredients except cheese.
- Spray a baking dish (8x8 size) with non-stick spray and add chicken salad.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees until cheese bubbles, 15-20 minutes.

Serves 6.

Enjoy!

Hope you "tune in" tomorrow!

Thank you for following along.  I love reading your comments.






7 comments:

  1. haha!!! been there done that! i can't tell you the bad words that come out of my mouth when i realize i have forgotten to take photos when i am making something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nellie, that looks like another great recipe. I will tune in tomorrow. I just wanted to tell you, nope, you never called me Lisa. :) It is okay. My other blog is a farming blog so sometimes people just address me as farmgirl.
    So it is okay, good job on making it to the gym today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is another one that sounds really yummy! I have made a hot chicken salad that includes rice, but that would take away some of the "bulge-battling" advantages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yummm, this sounds very good and so easy!!

    Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!!

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! This is one of my favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete