Thursday, March 27, 2014

At the library....

Happy Thursday to you!  One day closer to the week-end, for those of you who are still in the work force looking forward to some time off work. 

Recently I was visiting our local library and received a special surprise!  The mother of a former student was there as well.  I have blogged about this person before and featured her books, which were fiction.  I had read that she and her husband had written a book together, this one non-fiction.

I am happy to add this one to my library now!

In conversation, I mentioned that I was going to have to miss the book signing that had been publicized in the newspaper.  It was a distinct pleasure for me that she actually had a copy with her, and I was able to purchase it from her!

Some examples from the book follow:

Table of Contents

Easy (where I would be)

 Moderate

Strenuous - Really?  We hiked this one summer when I was at church camp.

If any of you are inclined to plan a trip to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, this book would be a wonderful help, should you wish to plan a hike.

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

9 comments:

  1. This book sound wonderful Nellie. How nice that she had a copy that she could autograph for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were going to go hike that and I would love too someday, that would be the book to have. How nice you got to meet the author. I love book signings too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you LOVE it when things like that happen? How fun that you ran into her and got a signed copy. It looks like a really good book. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does look like a wonderful book, even if a person does not plan to hike! I always love the pictures of our beautiful Great Smoky Mountains. These days, though, my idea of a hike is walking from the apartment to the car, then hiking throughout our friendly neighborhood super market! Have a lovely afternoon, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy being able to own books people who live in my little town:)

    2 from a cook..and one from a mystery writer:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I'm surprised another hiking couple hasn't done one of these, considering all the hiking they do and the WONDERFUL photos they take!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good book. We have so many hiking/waterfall books ---but just keep getting more (to update them)...

    The books help so much when we are back in the mountains searching for waterfalls...

    Thanks for this one.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great book that would be to have when hiking along there or to just read and dream of being there. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nellie, What a great honor. That book is very clever also. Hope you enjoy it. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete