Saturday, March 22, 2014

Short for Saturday....

How is your Saturday looking at this point?  Are you anticipating something enjoyable during this day? 

A bit of history here.  When I was in elementary school, before middle school was on the scene, our school included grades 1-8.  There was a basketball team, and it was announced there would be a tryout scheduled for cheerleaders.  It is hard for me to believe this now, but I tried out and was one of four who were selected in the 8th grade.  That is what began my interest in basketball, and it has endured through the years.

So - March Madness is a great time of the year!  There is an opportunity to see some really good college basketball on TV!  It becomes a bit more exciting if the Vols happen to be selected to play in the NCAA tournament.  Well, that happened this year!  On Wednesday night they won a play-in game with Iowa in Dayton which gave them the opportunity to play in Raleigh yesterday!

Now, I know I'm taking a risk here.:-)  It isn't my intention to annoy any of my Massachusetts followers.  However, it was very exciting to have the Vols win the game on Friday afternoon!  Now they will move on to Sunday when they will play Mercer.  Mercer surprised a lot of people on Friday by winning their game with Duke. 

You can be sure that I will be paying close attention to that Sunday game!

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

14 comments:

  1. I hope you will enjoy watching the games! We have some grass seed to put out and some mulch around the shrubs. It should be a good day to be outdoors to get some tidying up done.

    Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO VOLS!!! Yes, I remember those days at our elementary school, and those classy blue and white outfits you lovely cheerleaders wore! I also remember some trips to remote areas (or at least they seemed remote to my young self) on school buses to play other teams. Funny thing I can't remember, though, is how well our team played. I do remember a boy who surprised everyone because he was so short! He was one of the highest scorers, as I recall! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE March Madness here in Kentucky. Basketball is a way of life here. I hope that both of our teams win on Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. we have been watching lots of games and will be glues to the set at 12:15! go pitt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your basketball games, Nellie.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  6. When their are unexpected wins...my husband says every dog has his day.LOL Some times it's hard to not cheer for the underdogs. But when you have a favorite team , you have to stay faithful. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. a cheer leader, that was fun!! lots of great memories, enjoy the game and your weekend,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I bet you have a nice day.
    It is March Madness isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you still wear your cheerleader outfit when you watch?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love March madness!!! Go Zags and go Ducks!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love love love basketball and March madness!!! Not only is Duke out of it but so is Ohio State. Unbelievable with both of them. But my love is Louisville and they won today after a rocky first half. I'm with you, watching it all day tomorrow! Good luck to your Vols, Mercer was a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I too was a cheerleader and enjoyed basketball ! Mainly our grandchildren...smile.. Enjoy your game!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do like basketball, but I am a Vanderbilt fan. If they're not playing my interest really wanes. I guess I'll just have to root for Tennessee the year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't follow basketball, Nellie, but my SIL does. He is at the Badger game right now! Quite a week for basketball. Hope your team wins! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete