Friday, March 28, 2014

One for the children....

Happy Friday!  The week-end draws nearer and nearer!  Hopefully you have some good plans for the week-end, and good weather will help you enjoy the time ahead!

Here is a book that children may enjoy!  I recently shared it with Little Munchkin, though she actually could have read the story to me!:-)

A favorite book by Margaret Wise Brown.

The runaway little bunny will be found by Mother Bunny, even though he becomes a fish in the stream.

......even if he is at the top of the mountain....

.....even if he becomes part of the flower garden....

....and the book proceeds through several scenarios, each one with Mother Bunny finding the Runaway Bunny!  What a special way to let children know that Mother is always going to be there for them.

I also especially enjoy Goodnight, Moon, also by Margaret Wise Brown.  I consider these books classics to have in your own library, if children are going to be around your house! 

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

16 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful story, and I'm sure Miss Munchkin enjoys it a lot, whether reading for herself or for someone else! Alas, my own grandchildren have not been close enough to us for much reading, but I have enjoyed giving them special books that their parents have read to them. We ALWAYS had bunches of lovely books around when our children were growing up, and many of them fell apart from use, which is a good thing, I believe! Have a lovely day, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was one of Josie's favorites. Ii haven't read it in a long time. I need to find it again. Such fun memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's another of my favorite children's books...

    Rainy here this morning --but not too cold.

    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are classics and I love them both. My kids used to make up things to go along with this book like the little bunny and I would always tell them the same thing. I love reading it to my grands too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Runaway Bunny is my favorite book for mother and child bonding moments. I have given away several copies and keep one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this was the blog techs favorite book when he was little. when he got older, he bought me a mother and baby bunny which i still have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Runaway Bunny is great to read to my grandson and so is Goodnight Moon. Both good books that he enjoys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful book with such colorful illustrations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm thinking my 42 year old kid might need to read this! LOL! Mother WILL find you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that looks like a good one. Lots of great colorful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both of those books. I need some grands!!!

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our grandchildren love those two books, too. (Shhhhh... so do I!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun book! I will have to check it out! Wonder what age group it's for! Off to Amazon I go...smile..

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nellie, I love your books. I still like to read children's books that I have not read as a child or read to my own children. I am so thankful that while my children were small that I did read to them. Because as they were old enough, they would join summer reading clubs at the library. When they would bring books home, I would see what they had decided upon...it was a way to see some things they were interested in. Blessings,xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read the Runaway Bunny to my children but I wish I had. As for Good Night Moon..oh yes. Lovely and loving memories.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't read the Runaway Bunny to my children but I wish I had. As for Good Night Moon..oh yes. Lovely and loving memories.

    ReplyDelete