Monday, March 31, 2014

What was that whizzing by?

It must have been the week-end!:-)  It is said that time passes quickly when you are busy, and I was certainly busy on this week-end!

Beginning on Friday, the Women's Chorus presented our program once again (the fifth time).  We sang for an "independent senior living" facility, and quite a number of the residents came to listen.

Saturday morning, we were up bright and early!  Our church is involved in a Capital Funds Campaign, and a Prayer Breakfast was on the agenda for Saturday morning.  From there, it was a mad dash for me to travel an hour away for the District UMW Day Apart event. 

On Sunday evening there was a special benefit organ concert at church.  City Girl was in the area and was able to attend with us.  She spent the night, then was off early this morning on her way back to her place.

It wasn't a good week-end for anyone supporting Tennessee basketball - either men or ladies.  Sadly, both teams didn't make it past the first game in the Sweet Sixteen.:-(  Now we hear reports that the men's coach is being considered for a position at another school!  He has been here only three years.

I believe I need a Monday to rest!  How was your week-end? 

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

14 comments:

  1. My weekend was not nearly as busy as yours, but I did have the dubious honor of planning and pulling off a surprise birthday party for a gal who turned 40, because her family is too far away to do it for her. It was a rousing success, and she was truly surprised! It is interesting to me that the school that's interested in our men's coach is the same one that has our beloved coach Pat Summitt's son on the payroll. Maybe the folks at that school really know how to appreciate us here in TN! LOL Have a lovely afternoon, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that quiet often, Monday makes Monday hard when it has been a very busy weekend. It sounds like yours was very busy. I am glad you got to see your daughter though. That is very nice. I do hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your weekend was fulfilling and very busy. I hope you are spending your Monday relaxing. I'm checking blogs while on break from jury duty. Never a dull moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My weekend was just about as busy as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My weekend wasn't nearly as busy as yours... thank goodness, since I don't have the energy you have. We did have some pretty good weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a busy UMC weekend and good daughter time. Too bad about your teams and L'ville also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty busy, too. I realized I can do just so much running around and then I need to slow down. Lots of computer things to do today.
    I guess I'll just have to fly down to Tennessee. I'm long overdue for a trip there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sad about the Vols ---both men and women.. I couldn't blame Martin for leaving since so many fans were very ugly to him at the end of the year, before the tournament.. Maybe he'll stay if UT gives him more money....?????

    Sounds like you had a busy weekend...Maybe Spring is finally coming to our area this week... I hope so since it has been a LONG winter and a crazy one!!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nellie, So good your daughter could attend. Sorry about the Tenn. teams...there's always next year. It is Spring here today. nice and warm. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Nellie , the weekend wasn't quite as busy as your , church , them home for a late lunch and relax . Spring break is over , so back to school my kids go . Sorry about the Vols , they will bounce back . Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Weekend! What weekend, Nellie. It went by so quickly I can hardly remember where it went! Sounds like yours was just about the same:) So glad you got to see your daughter though. Monday's are a great day to reflect on busy weekends, lol...Thanks for sharing, Nellie...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wonder where you get so much energy to keep up with all of those appointments Nellie! Seems like you enjoyed it all.
    It was a very hot week-end here. Just when we thought summer was over, the temperature started rising again with maximums around 30C/86F! I did enjoy a visit to a lovely garden in the country about 3/4 hr. drive from home.
    Hope you will have some nice Spring days soon.
    Have a good week.
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yupper. The Vols, boys and girls were so close...THAT close and once again they didn't make it. Even this evening I am not too sure what Coach Martin is going to do. Are you?

    ReplyDelete