Friday, March 14, 2014

Little things....

Sometimes it's the little things that bring pleasure.

A "small" collection.

Each one of these is full of that usual Irish wit/humor.  Good wishes from Irish Wisdom are expressed this way: "May you have warm words on a cold evening. a full moon on a dark night, and the road downhill all the way to your door."  Celtic Myths and Legends gives us these words that come from an Old Gaelic Prayer -  "Deep peace of the running waves to you.  Deep peace of the flowing air to you.  Deep peace of the smiling stars to you.  Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.  Deep peace of the watching shepherds to you.  Deep peace of the Son of Peace to you."  I love the way these good wishes are expressed!

Also, look what I have spotted!

There they are!

I wonder what kind of mischief they may be pondering!

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.


14 comments:

  1. the Irish certainly do have a way with words, those little fellas ddo look like trouble, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good DAY! Isn't it a beautiful one, Nellie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been so busy recently that i think st. patty's is passing by without anything special here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I DO love Irish blessings, and I'm going to share this with my FB friends, as one of them has been passing some of those blessings along every day this week, but she has not quoted either of the ones you used. I think those little guys are just too adorable to be doing anything wrong....or are they??!? Have a great day, Sister! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They definitely look like they're up to no good :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nellie, That was a great Irish quote. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. The wind is blowing hard, but the sun is out.Oh happy day for me. oxoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is beautiful here today Nellie! I hope your weekend is a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post. Wishing you a lovely weekend. Watch out for the little green men!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those guys are great! I hope you are having a wonderful day. I got my corned beef so I feel all set now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely keep an eye on those three. At the very least, they may be full of blarney!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Irish do have a way with words, don't they? Must be a side effect of the Blarney stone.

    And deep peace to you, too. Lovely. (The leprechauns could be excused a wee bit of mischief this time of year, couldn't they?)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Irish have some great sayings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with you on this one. It's the little things that bring us joy and peace.
    Have a good week, Nellie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. And I meant to add "Happy Saint Patrick's Day"!

    ReplyDelete