Tuesday, February 25, 2014

After yesterday....

How was your Monday?  Was it a good beginning to the week for you?

In the previous post, I only covered part of the week-end here.  Another special event was the Youth Auction/Dinner/Concert at our church.  This event is a fundraiser for the mission trips that are planned by the youth for the months ahead.

We walked through a decorative archway to enter.

Balloons set a festive atmosphere.

Some items for the Silent Auction.

This especially caught my attention. 

There are some very talented youth in our church, and performances ranged from the baton to the violin with vocal presentations as well.  It was a most enjoyable evening!

I know some of you are getting slammed one again with a snow storm!  We actually have a slim chance for snow here by tomorrow morning.  The past week-end, we had temperatures in the mid-sixties!  Take care, and stay safe and warm!

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

9 comments:

  1. I know you really enjoyed this event! Wishing you a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure those young people did a great job of entertaining the crowd, and I hope they raised a good amount of money to continue their ministries. Yes, we once again have a "threat" of some winter weather, so I hope everyone is ready---if there is any way to get ready! Here, we have milk, eggs, bread, and toilet paper, so we should be fine! :-) Have a great day, Sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nellie, What a fun way to raise needed money. I hope you do not get too much snow. It's cold here this morning. xoxox, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. An excellent way to raise money. I hope you don't get any snow there Nellie. We had a trace of snow last night and the temp is to be below zero tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fun money raiser. Like that rocking horse too! Not snowing for the moment, but bitter cold again for the week here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I might finally be thawing out. Would you believe I actually had to kick the AC on a couple of days ago? It was warm and muggy and it wasn't the warm that got to me... it was the muggy!

    Love the light burst in the first photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great opportunity for the youth group.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great fundraiser. So nice to see young people doing things like this. : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like it was a wonderful event Nellie. Did you end up getting any of the snow?

    ReplyDelete