Thursday, February 27, 2014

A recreation....

Happy Thursday to you!  Has the week been a good one for you?

Several days ago, I mentioned a salad that I took to the lunch following a performance by the Women's Chorus.  I have recreated this salad for you.

Served for dinner on Friday night.

Assembling the ingredients for this salad is really just dependent on your preference.  First, I placed a blend of organic Romaine and Spring Mix lettuces in the bowl.  On top of the lettuce, I sprinkled 1/4 cup dried cranberries, 1/4 cup walnuts, 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbles, and 1/4 red onion, sliced.  You may add more red onion, depending on your taste.  As there were going to be vegetarians present when the salad was served, I placed bacon bits in a separate bowl to be added by those who wanted them.  This salad served six adults, and there was some leftover. 

Regarding dressing for the salad, if I buy bottled dressing, it will be Paul Newman's brand.  His products are organic, and proceeds are donated to charity.  I sometimes will make my own oil and vinegar, seasoning it with dried herbs to our liking.  I am actually one of those weird persons who is able to enjoy my salad without dressing.

Hopefully this has helped those of you who had questions about the salad. 

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.



13 comments:

  1. Thank you! I look forward to making this. It sounds delicious. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this looks and sounds wonderful! Thank you for sharing the recipe, and I'm sharing this one to my Facebook page as well. Have a great day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yum! my husband would love this salad. i can eat salads without dressing too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds wonderful Nellie!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nellie, Sounds great. The more colorful the healthier. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Newman's is THE BEST! Good choice! The salad look beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh it looks yummy, I had to laugh about not eating dressing on salad, I think that is one of those things you discover as you do W.W. vegetables just taste better and better plain. I rarely use dressing on my salad and if I do want a little something I just use salsa. I have all of the ingredients for this salad I need to make it tonight with dinner. It is a very lovely salad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yummm, that does look and sound good. I'm going to copy that down right now. I love salads with greens. Thanks for sharing. Tomorrow I should have a new blog post up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love salads but sure love dressing as well.... This looks and sounds wonderful! Thanx for sharing Nellie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks really, really, really good. I LOVE Paul Newman's dressings. I have tried them all and there was only one I didn't care for-can't even remember which one that was. I like that part of the proceeds go back, too.

    Hope you have a great upcoming weekend- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry for lagging behind commenting.
    Your salad looks healthy and yummy. I had salad and fresh salmon for supper last evening and I didn't use any dressing on my salad as most dressings contain soy oil.
    Sometimes, depending how I feel, I use some Hellman Mayonnaise as dressings.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks so good. I love salads. Something that tastes good and is good for you too. : )

    ReplyDelete