Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Recipe time again....

While some of you are getting hammered by yet another snow storm - and even more to come before next week - this is something that might be a source of "inner warmth" for you!:-)

This recipe is one I cut out of newspaper advertising for Frank's RedHot Sauce, and this was the first time I have made it.

BUFFALO CHICKEN DIP
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened (I used reduced fat.)
1/2 cup cayenne pepper sauce or buffalo wings sauce
1/2 cup bleu cheese or ranch dressing
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1/2 cup crumbled bleu cheese or your favorite shredded cheese
- Combine all ingredients in 1-quart baking dish.  Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20 minutes.  Serve with crackers and/or vegetables.

I actually used a separate bowl when mixing the ingredients together, being sure the cream cheese was nice and creamy.  I also used Bolthouse Farms Bleu Cheese dressing.  It is made with yogurt and shaves off some of the calories and sodium.  Oh, I sprayed the baking dish with no-stick spray before adding the dip for baking.:-)

Getting the mileage out of THIS picture.:-) The dip is on the lower left.

 I've been told by Louise at Months of Edible Celebrations that the entire month of February is Potato Month!  What better time to enjoy our favorite Potato Soup!  Stay tuned!:-)

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.




11 comments:

  1. This is another one that I'm sharing for my FB friends. Some of them are really appreciating your recipes!! Have a great day, and stay dry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nellie , this is a wonderful dip .
    Frank's RedHot sauce is a winner ... We get it mild regular and very spicy , sometime I use Louisiana hot sauce for my meats , thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dip sounds very good!! YUMM!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nellie... oooh, that looks delish!... I am going grocery shopping today, will pick up the ingredients to make it!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. i had a fabulous cajun potato soup last night with shrimp and andouille that i have to recreate soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I love any excuse to make things that have blue cheese as part of the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nellie!

    Yes indeed, February is Potato Lovers' Month so I will patiently wait for you to share some Potato Soup. However, I'm really diggin' this dip at the moment. I hope there is some leftover chicken tonight (I'm making a roaster:) so I can dig into this dip!

    Thanks for sharing, Nellie...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Nellie - that does sound good. Guess that's another one I should copy down. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had ice last night and today we are getting more snow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad you posted this recipe, it sounded so good yesterday. My husband worked at Bolthouse Farms for 24 years and he taste tested that stuff when he worked there. All of the juices too. If you look on the label it will say about being made in Bakersfield Ca.
    Since you mentioned that I thought I would tell you that. My husband left after the family sold it and now it is owned by Campbell. My husband wrote all of the software that ran the plants. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nellie! OH, now I've just had dinner and you've got me hungry again! This sounds so good and I just may have to try it. Thank you so much for popping in to see me and your kind words.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia:)

    ReplyDelete