Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday, February 23, 2014....

"By contrast, the fruit of the Spirit is

                                 love, joy, peace,

                                                 patience, kindness, generosity,

                                                                 faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

  There is no law against such things."
                                           
                                                                                            - Galatians 5:22-23 (NRSV)

A Christmas gift from my sister.

This Bible reference has been the theme for our Conference United Methodist Women for this year.

The Mission Focus for today in the United Methodist Women Prayer Calendar is the New Bethlehem Community Center, Augusta, Georgia.  I offer a prayer of thanks and praise for the work done here to make a difference daily in the lives of women, children, and youth.

May this Sunday be a blessing to you!

14 comments:

  1. Blessings to you this Sunday Morning. Thank you for sharing and I wish you a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nellie, I hope you are blessed today too. I like your sweet gift of the bowl , from your sister. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to that, Nellie, and a Sunday blessing to you, too- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. The New Bethlehem Community Center sounds like they do wonderful work Nellie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a lovely day and I love your fruit of the spirit bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Self control... something I could use a lot more of!

    Sunday blessings, Nellie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a happy peaceful Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, we would all be much happier if our lives brought forth the lovely fruit of the Spirit! Thank you for sharing "my" bowl with your friends! :-) I hope you've found some good uses for it. Enjoy this gorgeous day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful bowl and what beautiful thoughts. Wishes for a bright and blessed Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice gift from your thoughtful sister. I love that Fruits of the Spirit bowl. I think that everyone should have one.

    Wishing you a blessed Sunday and week.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this scripture. You United Methodist Women support such worthy causes. Have a peaceful and blessed Sabbath.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nellie , the bowl is beautiful and the quote is so true , if only people could remember through the year . Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We an all take a lesson from that verse. : )
    What a lovely bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this bowl! It's so beautiful and with the wording it just makes's it over the top amazing! Thanks for sharing. ;) Dawn

    ReplyDelete