Saturday, February 15, 2014

I don't know when....

Yes, 'tis true.  Once I begin baking cookies, I don't know when to stop!

Have a cookie!

The platter includes those sugar cookies that were on the blog.  I dipped the edges in chocolate, then dipped them in assorted toppings to give a nice edge to them.  I did the same with the chocolate cookies, a recipe from the Pioneer Woman.  Then, from my Martha Stewart files, I added the Dried Cranberry Shortbread which was cut into heart shapes after baking.  Next, I added Heart Sandwich Cookies, also from Martha Stewart.  Not included on the platter are any of the cookies I baked for the assisted living center party that our Circle helped with on Friday afternoon.  I sent all of them along to the party.

This platter is going to a chorus gathering following today's performance.  The platter is Strawberry Fair (now discontinued) by Johnson Brothers.

I hope you have a good week-end ahead.  We hope to catch some UT basketball on TV later today.  The men are playing Missouri.

The predicted overnight snowfall did not impact us here, and we have springlike temperatures in the forecast for the coming week!

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

15 comments:

  1. Sweet lord I want some of those. Please send any excess cookies to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a great looking platter. I just bought a roll of slice and bake cookies (don't judge LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you will have some help to eat those cookies. They look delicious. You must have been in the kitchen for a long time making all those lovelies.
    Have a great weekend Nellie.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. great looking cookies! we got about 6 inches last night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Drooling here! I'm sure the ladies will enjoy those cookies a LOT! Enjoying the sunshine today, and looking forward to a time of fellowship with our Seniors from church this afternoon. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome platter of goodies Nellie!!

    I will have to cheer for Missouri as I have a great love for the state I was born in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW !! Move over Martha Stewart, Nellie's here !! Your cookie platter is beautiful. I know it's going to be a hit. Thank you for offering me a cookie , the other day :):) Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look so good! LOVE that you are sharing them...AND I would give the cookies out and take that platter home. lol I LOVE that pattern and wish I had a set of it. It is my favorite red transferware. I wish Johnson Bros. would reissue it. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi nellie oh wow your cookies look amazing I think I would eat the whole plate ha ha

    Have a lovely weekend

    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cookies look delicious! Such a gorgeous Johnson Bros. plate, too.
    Hope you have a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nellie , just pass the plate sweetie , gorgeous cookies , thanks for sharing :0

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty platter of cookies and so is that platter. I love that red and white.
    I am glad you didn't get snow like you thought and I am glad you will have spring like temps next week. There is always so much to be thankful for, have a wonderful Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Nellie, I wish you lived next door!! I sure could use one of those cookies...smile... Bless you for all you do...

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nellie, these are fabulous. I'm making soup, but I think I may need to make a batch of something yummy. You're my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the idea of dipping the edges in chocolate and then adding sprinkles/toppings. What fun!

    ReplyDelete