Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Who needs an excuse....

....for a party?  Not me!  Anytime can be considered a special time!  However, the past week-end gave the idea that some different week-end snacks might be in order.:-)

This recipe comes from my files.  I haven't any notation about the source, so I am unable to give credit.

FIESTA DIP
1 can refried beans (16-oz.) I used fat-free.
1 cup mild salsa (This could be spicier, depending on what you prefer.)
1 can diced green chilies (4-oz.)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used fat-free.)
chopped green onion
sliced black olives
- In medium bowl combine beans, salsa, and chilies; mix well.  Spread into a 2-qt. shallow baking dish.  Sprinkle evenly with cheese.  Bake at 400 degrees F. for 10 minutes, or until bubbly and cheese is melted.  Garnish with green onion and black olives.  Serve with dip chips.

What I like about this recipe is how I am able to lighten it up and enjoy it!  It was on the table with a few other choices.

Barely in the picture, upper center!


Buffalo Chicken Dip, Twice-Baked Potatoes, and Italian Sausage Meatballs, along with fresh broccoli, celery, and carrots provided a tasty meal!

Now, it's on to the next "excuse" to celebrate.:-)  With Valentine's Day coming soon, it is cookie-baking time again!  More recipes will appear in the coming days!

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

14 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I could eat that Buffalo Chicken Dip all by itself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm coming to the party... I've got nothing else better to do than to eat tasty food.

    Happy baking.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really does sound tasty, and I like the fact that one can make it as "warm" or as "cool" as one likes, just by changing the ingredients slightly. I'm learning from your other friends, too----I never knew that tomorrow is Nutella Day, and that might give me the excuse to purchase some of that treat, which I have never done! That BOGO coupon in Sunday's paper will add a bit of incentive in that direction, too---LOVE those coupons! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA---we never need a reason to CELEBRATE something!!!!! George and I celebrate our first kiss, first date, lots of FIRSTS.... ha

    Your 'snacks' look delicious --but they didn't bring our Peyton any good luck on Sunday, did they????

    Foggy morning here on the Cumberland Plateau. Have a wonderful day.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nellie , what a beautifl setting of food , I will be right over to party ;-D , thanks for sharings

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so yummy and I would love to have a party today, for say, just because it is Tuesday? Except I am the only one home.
    I will be making that dip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Fiesta Dip so much. It is a staple at my home for the Mardi Gras season. Thanks for sharing. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello from SW Virginia, just found your blog through Kim! Can I come to your party! I have made that dip before and it is delicious. So much so that I once ate the entire bowl of it in one day, all by myself! And yes, I repented the next day@ LOL!

    Blessings

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nellie, I love twice baked potatoes. Haven't had them for so long. You sure are a good cook Nellie. You have made some very tempting food dishes. blessings to you,xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of yummy looking food. Nice and colorful too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nope, you don't need an excuse to eat all that yummy food. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds yummy. I've copied it to my recipe file - thanks!

    I'm in the mood for "LOVE" too. Chocolate chip cookies are on my agenda for tomorrow.

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds yummy. I've copied it to my recipe file - thanks!

    I'm in the mood for "LOVE" too. Chocolate chip cookies are on my agenda for tomorrow.

    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lessee...what was that address again? :-)

    ReplyDelete