Monday, February 17, 2014

The week-end....

....was a busy one here!

On Saturday. the chorus performed a program here:

It was for a special luncheon.

We were not the entire program:

We were the "special music" while lunch was being served.

We left after we sang as one of the members of the chorus had invited us to her home for lunch.  You may remember this:

My contribution to the dessert offerings.

I also took a salad with walnuts, cranberries, red onion, goat cheese, and bacon bits.  No picture, and none of it to bring back.  There were some cookies, however, that found their way back home.  The hostess had prepared a delicious Shepherd's Pie, and we all had a delightful time!

Not a good week-end for Tennessee basketball.:-(

The men traveled to Missouri.

For the first time since 1985, the Lady Vols lost to Kentucky at home.

We awoke to a surprise on Sunday morning.


We had not expected snow overnight!  The roads were clear, though, and we left for Sunday School and worship - seven miles to church - at 9:30.  When worship was over at noon, the snow had disappeared!  The sun had already gone to work on it.

It is a new week and temperatures near 60 degrees F are predicted!  Perhaps spring is on the way.  I hope your Monday is good, setting the tone for the days to follow!

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

14 comments:

  1. It was a good weekend for our KY women's team to finally beat y'all in Knoxville though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the best kind of snow storm - a lovely white surprise that doesn't stick to the roads and is gone quickly. Sounds like spring is coming your way. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nellie, That is the kind of snow I like...a wee bit in the grass and none on the roads. LOL. Di you enjoy singing for the DAR? I think that is so nice. Sounds like you had a fun day with the ladies. My Mom would have been cheering for Tenn. My parents are from the Celina area. Take care and have a great week. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The salad you took sounds delicious and just what we would like. How good you sang the "special music."

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder whether we can blame the weather for the sluggishness of our basketball Vols? Nope....I think there's something else involved, and I sure wish they'd get it straightened out! All that food sounds positively delightful, and I'm sure The Husband is enjoying those leftover cookies! Sun is out now, so let's see how long we can keep it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a nice weekend. I would love the salad you made. And of course, the cookies, too!
    HAve a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A nice weekend. : )
    Cookies look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun weekend! Well everything except your B-ball team!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a good weekend! Your salad sounds like it was a hit, too!

    I can't believe your temps. We are in the teens and have another snow storm going on. Everything is closed down and it is coming fast and furious. I am beginning to think we will never see Spring. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice weekend Nellie, the cookies looks so delish , as you know I have a sweet tooth .Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. that sounds like an interesting salad. I have never tried goat cheese, mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonder that the snow doesn't comes in the snow!!
    Seems you have enjoyed the party with wonderful salads and cookies...

    ReplyDelete
  13. The salad sounds delicious. Snow sure is pretty it makes everything appear to be new. mmmm Cookies:) Hug B

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've had that salad before at a function my husband and I attended, a couple of years ago. It was delicious. perhaps you could share the recipe.

    I bet your husband is not too sorry some of the cookies made it back home to him.

    I'm looking forward to Spring and warmer weather. My hands hurts when it's cold.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete