Wednesday, November 13, 2013

That box of Rice Krispies....

If you have been following the blog for awhile, you know that I have recently posted a couple of recipes using Rice Krispies. 

Cheese Wafers.

That Halloween treat.

Can you believe there are still Rice Krispies in the box?!?  So - off to my recipe files again to see how to use more of them.  That's when I found this recipe, clipped from the newspaper a few years ago.

HONEY RANGER COOKIES
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups honey
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups crisp rice cereal
2 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- Using electric mixer, beat butter until light.  Gradually add honey; beat until light and creamy. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.  Gradually add to butter mixture; mix until blended.  Stir in rice cereal, oats, and coconut.  Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.  Flatten to 2-inch circles.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies ar set.  Transfer cookies to wire racks; cool completely.  Yield: About 4 dozen cookies. 

On the pan, in the oven.

Cooling on the racks.

I actually got more than 4 dozen cookies from this recipe.  The Husband declared these "good enough to eat," so this recipe will stay in my file.:-)

However - there are still more Rice Krispies remaining!  I guess they will have to appear on the breakfast menu.:-)

Yesterday's prediction for snow didn't happen here, though the wind blew colder and colder as the day progressed.  The temperature has dropped twenty degrees today!

I hope you are having a good week, and if you are where the temperature is really cold - stay warm!

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.


19 comments:

  1. Those cookies look delicious!!
    Here is a recipe to use some more of your rice krispies.

    White Marshmallow Candy

    Marcia gave me this recipe a long time ago.

    •2 lbs white bark (I never have white bark so I use Nestle’s white chocolate chips)
    •1 cup crunchy peanut butter
    •2 cups dry roasted peanuts
    •3 cups crisp rice cereal
    •2 cups miniature marshmallows (the colored ones make this candy look festive)

    Melt bark and peanut butter together in microwave in a large bowl. Stir every minute until melted. Add nuts and cereal to the melted mixture. Stir in marshmallows. Drop by teaspoon full on to wax paper and let cool. Freezes well so you can make this way ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Nellie , Rice Krispies is a favotite with my kids , they eats them right out the box . The cookies are so delicious and yummy looking , I know my girls will want to bake them and the boys will be their tasters :D. Thanks for sharing :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These really sound delicious! Thanks for sharing another "good enough to eat" recipe with us! Your hubby is a really good taste tester. Have a wonderful day, and stay warm out there!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A batch of these would really hit the spot this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I've still got my eye on the other ones, too! Can't believe you STILL have Rice Krispies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look delicious, Nellie! But I don't think I would try them now... I am sick at home after I got the flu shot two days ago. I have no energy, no appetite and a temp of 101.2.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nellie, How big was that box ?? LOL you make some of the most tempting things. Cookies are for all day long, right. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks good, and I'm very taken with the cheese wafers.
    I was sorry to hear about the Cokesbury Stores, but understand that things change. Are there places to buy church supplies? I think you would like "Snow on the Tulips" a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl, how many cups were in that BOX?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ranger cookies are a classic Nellie. They were so popular at one time. I think you have done a wonderful job of bringing them back. The honey makes these cookies even better!!!

    We did have a few flurries of snow but thankfully, it has vanished! Whew!

    As for the rest of those Rice Krispies, I say eat them!!! I LOVE Rice Krispies with bananas!!! But, if you need any recipes, check Pinterest or, just ask me!!!

    Thanks for sharing, Nellie...

    ReplyDelete
  14. That recipe sounds like a keeper. Thanks Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  15. My husband's favorite Rice Krispy recipe is those Rice Krispy squares with marshmallow. I can't resist them either. Your cookies looks nice and crunchy.

    HUgs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Nellie...The cookies look divine. Thanks so much for your visits to my blog. Love having you stop by. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's looking good to me. The kids love those rice krispie treats so these would be fun for them, too, I bet.

    Finally back online here- hope you have a good night- I am off to bed! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, I used to make some things with Rice Crispies, but it's been years and years. Your cookies look great --and since your hubby put his stamp of approval on them, I'm sure they are GOOD. Thanks for the recipe.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need to buy another box. The boys ate mine. I like that cookie recipe.
    I have to make 6-8 dozen for a cookie exchange so I am collecting recipes right now.

    ReplyDelete