Monday, November 25, 2013

Today....

Happy Monday to you!  How was your week-end? 

Have you checked the calendar?  Today is November 25th!  In just one month we will be celebrating Christmas Day!  Now, I know some of you have already done lots of decorating.  That is not the case here, though I'd like to share some pictures with you showing our local Senior Center ready for the holidays!






There is not a large staff at the Senior Center - the director and a receptionist most days.  With all the activities that are scheduled, they really do an outstanding job!  Thankfully there are some volunteers who assist in some ways. 

This is the Center where I go to play bridge once a week.  It would actually be possible to play bridge every day here!  It is also where the Women's Chorus rehearses once a week.  There are many other activities that are available.  Something for everyone!

I hope you find that all your plans for the week go well.

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.   

16 comments:

  1. I love the beautiful decorations. It sure gives a spirit of Christmas and make the centre look so festive.

    Wishing you a great week.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. The decorations are beautiful Nellie.

    I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such beautiful decorations, and a wonderful gathering place for sure, I hope your week goes well too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nellie , just gorgeous and a nice place to hang out , Christmas is in the air thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the same thing this morning when I looked at the calendar.
    I love how pretty all of the decorations look. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nellie, Those are beautiful decorations. Yes, it seems that the Christmas Season is coming very fast. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll agree that those folks at the Center do a phenomenal job of keeping everything going in a most marvelous way! Of course, as you know, the Center needs to expand, but there is much bureaucracy involved with that plan. :-( I hope you're enjoying this cool day! I just got back from a last round of errands, hoping I have all my ducks in a row. Chat with you later! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such pretty decorations. Your senior center is blessed to have people who are so giving of their time and talents.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those decorations, Nellie.
    Thanks for the reminder.
    I'm always behind with the Christmas cards...
    Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. those are beautiful decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How pretty and festive!!
    I'll start on the Christmas decorations after Thanksgiving is over.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The senior center looks lovely from the table decorations right down to the tree(s). Great job and it looks very festive and happy. Hope you have a great night. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, gosh, Nellie - you're right; a month from today! Too fast, too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, very nice decorations at the center, Nellie. How nice that everything is made to look festive!

    Thanks so much for all your faithful visits. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  15. The decorations are very pretty. It's such a short time left and much to do, even with an early start. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete