Wednesday, November 27, 2013

What's for breakfast?

Happy Wednesday to you!  I hope you are having a good week that is giving you time for all that you need to accomplish.

Some of you may be welcoming overnight guests to your home for Thanksgiving.  I have always liked the thought of having something done ahead of time for breakfast so I would be able to start working on Thanksgiving dinner as early as possible. 

This Thanksgiving, I am ready with these.

Ready for the oven. 

Out of the oven! Don't they look good?

How about Pumpkin Scones?  I have scribbled the recipe onto a piece of note paper, and there is no notation about the source.  It could have come from the Internet, or it could have come from Munchomom.  I'd like to give proper recognition, but cannot do that this time.

PUMPKIN SCONES
2 cups flour
7 Tablespoons sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon ginger
6 Tablespoons butter - cold, cut in small pieces
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
3 Tablespoons half and half
1 egg
- Combine first 8 ingredients in medium bowl.  Cut in butter. 
- Combine remaining three ingredients in a large bowl.  Add dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture. Mix together and shape into a ball. 
- Pat out into a rectangle.  Slice widthwise into thirds, then cut each third in half, making 6 pieces.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.  Bake 14 to 16 minutes.
GLAZE
1 cup + 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
- Blend together, and drizzle on cooled scones. 

I actually cut the rectangle into fourths, giving eight. 

These will be warmed on Thanksgiving morning, and the glaze will be added.  I am ready to try one now!:-)

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

12 comments:

  1. yes they do look good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pumpkin scones look and sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love scones with a nice cup of hot tea. These looks delicious. Thanks.

    Happy Thanksgiving.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy , Happy thanksgiving to your family , Nellie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd say that's pretty perfect for company during the holidays!

    Happy Thanksgiving, Nellie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nellie, Oh yum, scones are one of my favorite things to have with coffee. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snowing here...I sure could go for one of those with a cup of coffee.

    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those really look and sound delicious! I'm aware that some areas near you had some light snow this morning, but we had none here where we are now. Still trying to understand this tablet, which wouldn't even allow me to read your post from yesterday until now. That is an impressive carving from Country Man! I wish you and your wonderful family a most blessed Thanksgiving! Please give my love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those really look and sound delicious! I'm aware that some areas near you had some light snow this morning, but we had none here where we are now. Still trying to understand this tablet, which wouldn't even allow me to read your post from yesterday until now. That is an impressive carving from Country Man! I wish you and your wonderful family a most blessed Thanksgiving! Please give my love to all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness Nellie your scones look wonderful! I may just have to make them! Enjoy the rest of your thanksgiving day!!

    ReplyDelete