Monday, November 4, 2013

The first week-end of November....

...is now behind us, and we have a new week ahead!  Are you looking forward to anything special this week?

I want to express my appreciation to those of you who sent along birthday wishes for our Boy Munchkin.  He had his tenth birthday on Saturday, and, of course, we helped him celebrate!

It was all about Lord of the Rings this year, and Munchomom baked a wonderful cake.

Isn't it looking great?

All ready for the lighting of the candles!


Boy Munchkin has requested white cake, and that is what was baked!  Do you see Frodo standing at the door to the Hobbit Hole?  Is that Gandolf on the pathway to the door? 

Machoman had outlined a terrific party plan using the Lord of the Rings theme, and other refreshments were bread, cheese, meat, and grapes - just what was eaten by the characters in the book! 

It was a great week-end, and I think Boy Munchkin was very pleased with the celebration!  So were the other seven guests! 

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.




14 comments:

  1. The cake looks delicious and beautiful too. What a nice birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great cake and just what the Munchkin birthday boy ordered. You are a good grandmother.
    Have a great day.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy Munchkin is a wonderful young man, and I'm sure he enjoyed his party enormously! That is a lovely and smart cake! Have a happy Monday, Sister! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very nice cake and I love the food idea. My husband just finished The Return of the King last night. He always reads the books in the fall, even before we were married.
    I love that it was such a fun party. Susan Branch will be here signing books on Thursday. I thought of you, and wished you could come with me. She is on her way home from the East Coast. She is going to be at our local quilt shop and not the bookstore. I thought that was interesting. Have a great day Nellie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nellie, That is a cute idea for kids. I bet Boy loved it. Blessings for a great week. xoxo,Susie
    P.s. Oh how wonderful to be able to go to a Susan Branch book signing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A pleased Boy Munchkin is a very good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool cake for a Boy Munchkin! What more could a cool guy ask for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was gone for the weekend so just popping in to wish your special boy a Happy Belated Birthday! Love the cake and it sounds like he had fun. Love 10 year olds! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a perfect cake and party anyone would love a cool party like that. I bet fun was had by all. B

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning cake!
    It reminds me of the cakes my mother used to make on my birthdays when I was little...
    Glad to know you had a nice celebration with The Lord of the Rings theme.
    November is a month filled with exciting projects...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable cake, Nellie. Although, I'm not sure adorable is the way a little boy would describe it, lol...

    They do grow so fast don't they Nellie? My grand-daughter is going to be eleven this month. Oh gosh it goes so quickly:)

    Thank you so much for sharing, Nellie. It sounds like you had a glorious weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nellie , the cake is just what the birthday boy ordered and a grand time was had by all .
    I have your blog on my blogroll and reading you each morning is a great way to stay the day and I am also a follower , thanks for sharing :).

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a neat cake. Your daughter is very talented!!!! Birthday cakes I made when my sons were little were plain --with things like M&M's scattered on it!!!!! ha...

    Bet your grandson had a wonderful birthday.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete