Friday, November 15, 2013

Well-liked....

Happy Friday to you!  My goodness!  Does it seem like the time is flying by for you?  This is the midpoint of November already!

A well-liked series when I was teaching was the Magic Tree House series written by Mary Pope Osborne.  Some of the books she has written in the series are Dinosaurs Before Dark, Midnight on the Moon, Twister on Tuesday, and Polar Bears Past Bedtime, to name just a few.  Today I am sharing Thanksgiving on Thursday.

This is #27 in the series.

Black and white illustrations.

Illustrating cooking inside the cabin.

These books were very popular with many students in my class, and Boy Munchkin became  interested in them as his reading progressed.

This particular book was published in 2002, and I actually recently purchased it at my local Barnes & Noble, so the series is readily available.

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

15 comments:

  1. Those books are some more that I'm not familiar with, but the illustrations are wonderful! Thanks for another great share! Hope you'll have a pleasant day, as the temperature rises to a whopping 55!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nellie , my kids [5 to 12} loves to read , we have a Barnes & Noble here , so my first stop tomorrow will be there . Have a great week in and thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nellie, One of my granddaughter's is just now getting to her proper reading level. I think she'd like this series. I am excited for her. She is reading the diaries of a wimpy kid series right now. Emma was always so far advanced that you couldn't even spell any words around her...she'd repete them back to you.
    Hope you have agreat weekend. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember these books!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not familiar with these but they look like fun books. I wonder if my niece and nephew would like them?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mid-November already and soon the year will be up and a new one beginning. They sure seem to fly by!

    It's the weekend... have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like another nice book, though I'm not familiar with it.
    I can't believe it's Friday already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will have to look and see if I can find those here, Nellie, to see if the kids would be interested in them- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will have to look and see if I can find those here, Nellie, to see if the kids would be interested in them- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not familiar with this series of books, but I'll have to look into them. It's always nice to get the grandchildren interested in books that actually (gasp!) teach them something.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the illustrations that I could see in those books. They look very nice and something I would love for my grand kids. I love your recommendations. Have a wonderful weekend Nellie,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nellie,
    My Kitely discovered these in first grade and devoured them! Such a great series!
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. I guess the books are U.S.A. publications Nellie.
    What a wonderful idea Project Linus is. The quilts are quite beautiful and should cheer many sad children. Well done to the ladies of your local UMW.

    ReplyDelete