Wednesday, November 20, 2013

In the mail....

Good Wednesday morning to you!  Are you having a good week? 

It has been fun going to the mailbox lately.  Here are some of the things that are arriving.

Something for everyone!

Even things for the children!

A worthy consideration.

One possibility..

Another consideration.

Yes, the catalogs keep on coming!  They are, of course, filled with all sorts of tempting items encouraging us to purchase them.  From the gardener to the doll lover, there is something that would appeal to each of us.  It is such a handy way to shop, too.  Going to the website for ordering means that it will be delivered to our door, and we will not have to get out to wander through the crowds to shop! 

The most meaningful of these catalogs to me, though, is the one from the Heifer Project.  A donation can be made that will bring help healing and hope to millions of impoverished families worldwide.  I have pictured a pig and a goat, but there are others that are available.  Rabbits, honeybees, chicks - and even fish and geese are possibilities.  The front of the catalog calls it "The Most Important Gift Catalog in the World."  I encourage you to give the Heifer Project consideration when thinking about gifts for the upcoming holiday season -www.heifer.org/gift online.

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

14 comments:

  1. That is a marvelous recommendation! Most of us have more than we need already, while others in the world do not even have clean water to drink, so we need to focus on others, especially during this season. I am also getting lots of catalogs, and they are fun to look through, although there are only one or two that actually get any of my business. Enjoying the sunshine today! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, what bunch you have there. Have fun window shopping from the couch. Best seat in the house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that catalog too. I love sending that kind of present.
    I do most of my shopping online too. I do some shopping in the stores but for the most part I like to order it too.
    I hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nellie, I can see where that would be a wonderful gift catalog. This may get others started. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great recommendation! Giving something worthwhile sure beats giving to some of the ungrateful that just expect it, because they are too lazy to get off their butts and earn a living.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm having a good week now that I'm feeling better. : )
    Haven't been getting any catalogs here yet. I guess having just moved they don't have our address yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is fun to get all those magazines to see what they have to offer. SOMEONE at "my" house MIGHT be getting an American Doll for her BIRTHDAY pretty soon and some home made doll clothes for Christmas. Just saying that MIGHT (wink-wink) happen!~ xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nellie , also getting plenty of catalogs here , they are fun to window shop , I also shop on line , but it's relaxing to just sit back and look through them , I call them wish books , thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that's a lot of catalogues. I like to think of the needy especially at this time of year. We have so much yet lots of people have nothing.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  10. We do alot of our shopping online also --but don't look at many of the TONS of catalogs which come to our house.... Strange how all of those companies get our name and address even if we haven't ever bought anything from them...

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I would love to go through those they are different then any I get. B

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Nellie ... it's interesting that you're receiving so many catalogs, as we have not been. In fact, I've recently gone online to request a few! Especially enjoyed receiving one from Emma Bridgewater, which prompted me to daydream about where it originated, etc. Always fun to 'imagine' ...

    Sharon in Alabama

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would also like to do the Heifer Intl. thing, or with WorldVision, who does the same thing.
    As for catalogs, my mail carrier once called me the "catalog queen"!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A couple Christmases ago, I ordered chickens through WorldVision (I belive it was) in my older brother's name, since he wants to keep chickens and his wife won't let him. :) I might do the same this year with a gift of ducks in my husband's name since he wants ducks someday.

    And I looove the Vermont Country catalogs. :) I see so many things in there that I love--and would love to get as gifts for others. We found our flannel Christmas sheets there a couple years ago. :)

    ReplyDelete