Sunday, November 17, 2013

For November 17, 2013....

On this Sunday, the Mission Focus from the UMW Prayer Calendar for 2013 is the Joy-Southfield Community Health Center in the United States. 

Quoting from The World According to Mister Rogers - "All of us, at some time or other, need help.  Whether we're giving or receiving help, each one of us has something valuable to bring to this world.  That's one of the things that connects us as neighbors - in our own way, each one of us is a giver and a receiver."

May we all look for ways we are able to be a blessing to others, and may this Sunday be a blessing to each of you!

13 comments:

  1. I love the Mister Rogers quote. Have a beautiful Sunday Nellie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nellie, Thank you for that sweet blessing. I hope your Sunday is wonderful. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always loved Mister Rogers and his calm demeanor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great thought! Have a beautiful Sunday and a sweet week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mister Rogers was a very wise man at times! Thank you for this lovely reminder, and I hope you're having a lovely Sunday afternoon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. People needing people.. That's what it is all about!!!! Right?

    Hope you are not blowing away today.. We are!!!! ha

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great quote. And what a wonderful world it would be if we all lived that way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So true, Nellie...
    Helping others is part of my routine, my work, my life.
    Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's what we are called to do. I love that quote.
    Hugs and blessings
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  10. After reading this...I realized "you are my blessing today!"

    Blessings,
    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Quote. Helping others in their needy is a good habit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mr. Rogers was such a gentle man, wasn't he? What a blessing for kids that had him in their lives. Hope you had a good weekend- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete