Monday, November 11, 2013

Glorious....

First, let me begin by acknowledging the Veterans and expressing appreciation for their service.  There are several special programs planned for many areas, with banks and post offices closed today.

I think "glorious" is an appropriate description for the week-end around here. 

You know that I like to have the week-end begin on Friday.:-)  That is how this one began for us.  Munchomom came through town on her way to meet City Girl for a yoga retreat over the week-end, so she stopped for lunch!  If you are a parent of adult "children," you know it is always a good day when you are able to see one of them!:-)

On Saturday, I spent much of the day at a District UMW Annual Meeting/Training at a church in a nearby town.  It was a good time of fellowship with friends from other locations across our large District, and we were blessed by an outstanding speaker for our worship!

The worship table.

Closeup of the UMW theme for this year.

When the speaker came, she added a dove to the worship table.  I didn't have another opportunity to take a picture showing the addition.

The weather was beautiful over the week-end!  The prediction for the week sounds ominous, though.  There is even a mention of the possibility of some of that white precipitation!

Unfortunately, the Vols were not successful at winning their game with Auburn.  There is an open week before the next game when Vanderbilt comes to town!

I hope the week ahead will be a good one for you!  If you are in the path of this "cold front," stay warm and safe!

Thank you for reading.  I really appreciate your comments.

13 comments:

  1. I totally agree with your comment about seeing our adult children whenever possible! Those times just do not come frequently enough for me, and I enjoy each encounter! That is a lovely altar table arrangement, and I really love the plaque showing the theme. Have a good Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice that your daughter was able to spend time with you on her way through. Those are precious moments with adult children.

    It sounds like you had a good meeting and the table looks lovely...even without the dove. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was a lovely visit with your daughter, the worship table is lovely,,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nellie, I know what you mean about time with our grown kids. My daughters were all together Saturday...but I was at the bazaar. They enjoyed each other's company. I love the worship table. Blessings to all of you , xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it was a good weekend Nellie. And it wasn't good for either of our football teams though. Thankfully basketball season is here finally :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Thanksgiving worship table looks bountiful.
    It was nice to spend time with your daughter.

    Today I stand with you with remembering and thanking our veterans and fallen soldiers for our freedom.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're expecting some of that cold, too and I might be forced to turn on the heater. Brrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am always happy to see one of my kids!

    My thanks to all of our veterans, past and present!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely weekend I love the pictures. I had to go find the weather report for your area. Well hopefully it won't be as cold as they are saying. Will you have rain and snow?
    Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Nellie, Our Vols have really struggled this year. Of course, it doesn't help that their schedule is playing lots of Top Ten in the Country teams… We are just not there this year. Maybe next year!!!

    Glad you got to spend some time with your daughter. I would love to have some time with any of my sons…

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nellie , happy you had a wonderful weekend and a visit from your daughter was the icing on the cake .The picture of your 'Worship Table' is beautiful ... what do they say , a picture is worth a thousand words , thanks so much for sharing :).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nellie, I was at the DAR Saturday where I am a member and I was taking pictures of John Becker WBIR-TV getting an award for his wonderful weekly segment called "Service and Sacrifice". What a pleasure to see him in person and even more so the Veterans who attended our meeting. So I missed the UT/AU game and that is just as well. My cable was out when I got back home so I never even got to see the tail end. But it would have broken my heart if I had. I hope we win VU and UK. Then, a Bowl game. Maybe in Nashville.

    ReplyDelete