Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A favorite....

 First, I welcome the new follower!  Thank you for coming along.

Happy Tuesday to everyone!  Are you making progress on your list for the week?  We are working through it here. 

This is one of the favorites around here.  The recipe, given to me by a friend,  has been around our house for at least 35 years!  One year, Boy Munchkin said it was his favorite thing about Thanksgiving!:-)  He is not the only one who enjoys this "salad," though.:-)

A "malfunctioning photographer" is responsible for the photography that is missing from this post.:-(

Ready for the refrigerator.  

APRICOT PINEAPPLE GELATIN SALAD
1 small package of apricot gelatin
1 small can of crushed pineapple, undrained
1 cup of buttermilk
1/2 of 8-oz. carton of whipped topping

- In saucepan, add can of crushed pineapple, with juice.  Heat to boiling.  Add powdered gelatin. Remove from heat; cool.  Stir in buttermilk and whipped topping.  Place in desired container and let set in refrigerator.

I usually double this recipe just to be sure to have enough.:-) 

We are having beautiful weather!  Our Knock-out Roses are still looking pretty good!  With Thanksgiving coming earlier this year, there may be some roses around to bring in to the table!

There is another blog I want to mention to you.  Leann at theoldparsonage.blogspot.com has a great giveaway at this time.  She also has been giving some good points for taking care of Christmas preparations early and avoiding last-minute stress!  Check it out!

Something else from our list is on the way in the next post!  I hope you will return!

Thank you for reading.  I appreciate your comments.


11 comments:

  1. My kiddos always enjoy fruit salad...especially if jello is involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes! That is most definitely a favorite at your wonderful gatherings! Looking forward to it again this time around! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy a good fruit salad at the holidays! hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never had this before, it sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a new recipe for me and it sounds delicious.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nellie, you are so organized preparing your family feast. I forgot they even made apricot jello! Have to check it out. Also, thanks so much for the link to Leann's sweet blog. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks yummy and I remember that recipe. My Mom made it and I was afraid of eating that buttermilk. I went ahead and ate it and I had forgotten how much I liked it until I read your recipe. I will have to make this soon. I am not going back to the grocery store though. :) Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you are very organized and getting things done early.
    It's just the two of us so I don't really have much to do. We plan to have a simple meal up at Happy Tails.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Got my ingredients for one of our favorite traditions that includes Jello, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so cute, to be seeing people's family favorites, at Thanksgiving time.

    Here, it's "Pop's" stuffing, and his Newman's Creamed Potatoes, and my Apple Pie.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, "Auntie"

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband would love this- he likes anything with apricots in it- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete